Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

It was a busy day on my shadow board.

+3
Toasted_311
Muntz
ttexastim
7 posters

Go down

It was a busy day on my shadow board. Empty It was a busy day on my shadow board.

Post  ttexastim Fri Feb 01, 2008 7:10 pm

So the darkside was the topic of choice over at my shadow site. I'm sure you've all heard it before. I finally chimed in on the second link. The second link even started with what I believe is smokin'joe's pic.

Myth Busters - The Dark Side

And you wonder why people say the darkside is crazy...
ttexastim
ttexastim

Number of posts : 593
Registration date : 2007-12-27

Back to top Go down

It was a busy day on my shadow board. Empty Re: It was a busy day on my shadow board.

Post  Muntz Fri Feb 01, 2008 8:11 pm

A few things for your friends to consider.

Boss Hoss Motorcycles....come with a car tire.

Car tires are softer than MT, yes softer. Ever hear of a Durometer - ask Twin.

Drag racing slicks and mud grips are square tires, most CT have rounded edges.

Do they use only special motorcycle gas?

If you put a MC mirror on your car instead of a side view mirror. Does that mean you will only see Cars or Motorcycles out of it?

As Ron White says you can't fix stupid. So keep this all a secret from them. We know they all have Herd Mentality.
Muntz
Muntz
Uber User
Uber User

Number of posts : 1907
Registration date : 2007-12-17

Back to top Go down

It was a busy day on my shadow board. Empty Re: It was a busy day on my shadow board.

Post  Toasted_311 Fri Feb 01, 2008 9:29 pm

Same ole same ole we heard on the VTX boards from alot of close minded folks.

Never said it was for everyone.

And if a car tire can handle a 4-6k pound vehicle...usually much more than 800lb per tire then it most certainly can handle a 800lb bike.

And I don't know of a single Darksider that's ever had the tire on the actual side wall...to the edge of the tread but not the sidewall....think the only way it hit the sidewall is in a decreasing radius turn and the sidewall might scuff...but that'd be the same for a MC tire too....tread stayed planted like glue.

They want to keep a close mind...that's fine..some have seen the light....and the "light" isn't for everyone. Cool
Toasted_311
Toasted_311
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1132
Registration date : 2007-12-14

https://mcdarksiders.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  ttexastim Fri Feb 01, 2008 10:47 pm

It just cracks me up to read these guys, who all probably have wired their bikes themselves, and put whatever accessories that they wanted on the bike, but then say that a car tire isn't safe because a motorcycle engineer didn't put it on the bike in the first place.

I just keep thinking that if MC engineers were so dang smart, then why does all my juice from my battery go through the starter relay?

Having conversations with some of those guys just reminds me of the opening of Daniel Meyers darkside write up.

"You can't put a CT on a bike?!?"
"Yes you can, in fact I did"
"Nuh Uuuh"
"Yup" ... Rolling Eyes

I'm glad I have this site for moral support.
ttexastim
ttexastim

Back to top Go down

Post  smokey2255 Fri Feb 01, 2008 11:35 pm

I tried like hell to get my car tire to roll onto the sidewall, was sooo close. I mean almost there...... Instead now I have brand new scars on my scoot. ..... Yes Muntz... Road rash, is a color. I can prove it Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

See you out there
Smokey
smokey2255
smokey2255
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2451

Back to top Go down

Post  Toasted_311 Sat Feb 02, 2008 12:29 am

smokey2255 wrote:I tried like hell to get my car tire to roll onto the sidewall, was sooo close. I mean almost there...... Instead now I have brand new scars on my scoot. ..... Yes Muntz... Road rash, is a color. I can prove it Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

See you out there
Smokey

You mean you got it running again? Cool
Toasted_311
Toasted_311
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1132

https://mcdarksiders.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  nodakbassmaster Sat Feb 02, 2008 1:50 am

Well, I see it's already been mentioned, but even on laying the bike over, the sidewall will not contact the road surface....

I'm not even gonna start here... you guys know better... Very Happy
nodakbassmaster
nodakbassmaster
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1604
Registration date : 2007-12-15

Back to top Go down

Post  Muntz Sat Feb 02, 2008 9:09 am

smokey2255 wrote:I tried like hell to get my car tire to roll onto the sidewall, was sooo close. I mean almost there...... Instead now I have brand new scars on my scoot. ..... Yes Muntz... Road rash, is a color. I can prove it Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

See you out there
Smokey

Road Rash is the color of cash Twisted Evil
Muntz
Muntz
Uber User
Uber User

Number of posts : 1907
Registration date : 2007-12-17

Back to top Go down

Post  ttexastim Tue Feb 05, 2008 6:47 pm

So, the fun on my shadow board has continued, and so I took the liberty (hope you don't mind twin) of posting Twin's response to the "stupid question" thread over there under a new topic, and labeled it "Is a car tire safe". There are a few guys there, that claim up and down that "Car tires are for cars, and will never work on a motorcycle". (As a side note, these are the same kind of guys that critique how guys in pictures are sitting on their bike, how their heads are positioned, how much leather they're wearing, and if their helmet is full faced or not. If they don't like the way you do any of those, then you are a crappy rider). The trap is set, the two most offending characters take the bait and simply claim "I read number 1 and it was so ridiculous that I didn't read the rest" type statements. So I set them up and ask them exactly what they found wrong. What evidence did they have to prove different. (Thanks for the support there Eagle-Eye, I mean Darkside Shadow).

About that time, the board moderator comes into action, and locks my thread claiming that there is currently another topic like that. I have never seen a moderator over there before, and have never seen a locked thread.

I replied to him that the other thread was 8 pages long and had digressed into something that had nothing to do with car tires while my thread was pointed, and was having discussions about the topic at hand. The mod replied and told me that it didn't matter what they were currently talking about just that they were the same topic. ("And you wonder why people say the darkside is crazy" and "How safe is a car tire" can't exist in the same world I guess)

I told him I understood what he was talking about, but asked him to please apply that logic to the 2 weather topics that were discussing this mornings weather. He replied with "I have heard your suggestion" and didn't do anything.

So basically, I'm wondering if Mr. Mod is friends with the 2 guys and didn't want to his friends get taken to school when it was shown that their expertise was nothing more then their thoughts and had no substance to them.

I really don't care though. This party is better small, but oh how it is growing. Great job on this site guys!! Smile
ttexastim
ttexastim

Back to top Go down

Post  DS-Wing-Nut Tue Feb 05, 2008 7:01 pm

Tim, did you see i came to your defense and got chided for it?

They've pissed me off over there. It's a shame cuz it's really a good site for technical info. I'll still go there, but with less frequency.

Darkside-Shadow
DS-Wing-Nut
DS-Wing-Nut

Number of posts : 328
Registration date : 2008-02-02

Back to top Go down

Post  ttexastim Tue Feb 05, 2008 7:03 pm

I have you props at the end of my first paragraph. It was nice to have some support over there.
ttexastim
ttexastim

Back to top Go down

Post  DS-Wing-Nut Tue Feb 05, 2008 7:19 pm

oops I missed that!! thanks Tim. It's all good. We know better.

Wow! I missed the fact that he locked the thread!! Oh am I going to have fun with this!!
DS-Wing-Nut
DS-Wing-Nut

Number of posts : 328
Registration date : 2008-02-02

Back to top Go down

Post  twin1300 Tue Feb 05, 2008 7:40 pm

Welcome to the wonderful world of trolls from the other boards and forum's. Same thing happened on the other board before we started this one. Trolls reverted to name calling and belittling to get there points across with no data to support their side and then we get locked. I think we got trolled to the moderator and he took their side of the story and they never would talk to us or tell us really what was going on

Sound familiar...

.............................bobby

twin1300
twin1300
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4689

Back to top Go down

Post  ttexastim Tue Feb 05, 2008 7:43 pm

Sounds very familiar. The funny thing is, I know that there are at least 2 other guys on the site that run a car tire, but they only bring it up if someone specifically asks for their opinion. I think I'm beginning to understand their silence.

My new response is just "if you want to know more about it, go to the guys that do it" and insert a link to this site.
ttexastim
ttexastim

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum