Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Good Bye Van

5 posters

Go down

Good Bye Van Empty Good Bye Van

Post  jedishon Wed Apr 29, 2009 12:46 pm

Ok so I took the van out Saturday morning changed the oil and flushed the radiator. The water temp gauge has been bouncing up and down lately. The van is a 1999 chevy Venture with 83,002 miles. A 30 mile ride back to my room and the water temp went all the way up and low coolant light came on. Took it to work Monday morning and after lunch took it to the Chevy dealer. After 2 min. he finds water in the oil, after 2 hours i hit the ignition switch for 1/4 second and water shoots out the number 1 piston like a fountain. (he did remove the spark plug first) The verdict: it could just be the intake seal. Cost to replace $1054.81. If that doesn't fix it it could be a cracked head. Estimated cost to repair $4500. Bad news you have to spend the 1000 to see if you have to spend 4500. Forget it put it back together, drive 3 min rest and let it cool for 5, repeat,repeat,repeat. 22 miles and an hour and a half later back to my room. Vans parked and wont move again until I do.
The good news I get to ride the bike all the time now. The bad news, I can see another payment coming.
All in all.
Its all just stuff that happens until the Lord calls me home.
jedishon
jedishon
Super User
Super User

Number of posts : 4436
Registration date : 2007-12-18

Back to top Go down

Good Bye Van Empty re goodby van

Post  Larry Simpson Wed Apr 29, 2009 3:05 pm

Jerry I ran my own garage for over 20 years,and the prices you have been quoted are rediculious.Find a reputabe independent garage.PM me your no. and I will tell you how to check it yourself so you will have some ideal what you are looking at .RIDE SAFE Larry S.
Larry Simpson
Larry Simpson

Number of posts : 1007
Registration date : 2008-08-18

Back to top Go down

Good Bye Van Empty Re: Good Bye Van

Post  twin1300 Wed Apr 29, 2009 4:30 pm

Sorry Dude! Mama said there would be days like this!

..........................bobby

twin1300
twin1300
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4689
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post  Muntz Wed Apr 29, 2009 4:38 pm

twin1300 wrote:Sorry Dude! Mama said there would be days like this!

..........................bobby

She just never said there would be this many days like these. Evil or Very Mad

Jerry theres a little indep. car lot here that I got my Toyota Carolla from for 4500.00 its actually really nice. If you want I can make a run by there tomorrow and see what they have and what kind of prices.

But if your going to get a note, make sure its something you really like and dont mind paying for. Like another bike. lol!

Welcome to the Madness,
Muntz King
Muntz
Muntz
Uber User
Uber User

Number of posts : 1907
Registration date : 2007-12-17

Back to top Go down

Post  jedishon Wed Apr 29, 2009 4:46 pm

Thanks for the posts guys, I appreciate all the info. My oldest daughters boyfriend makes his money buying fixing and selling cars and she wants to buy it so SOLD......gonna go get me some waterproof boots tonight. Saw some at SEARS for $20.00......hope they fit...... Thanks Muntz, but Tx is raising the taxes on registering out of state cars, so I think i might get one here in a couple months. Appreciate the fact that you'd go out of your way to look for me though. How is my darkside niece Morgan doing....10 months old now?

Jerry
jedishon
jedishon
Super User
Super User

Back to top Go down

Post  dino Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:25 pm

I am not sure are you familiar with this site, it's really helpful and helped me to fix something or to find answer what may be wrong: http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=116
also great guys over there.

Hope this help a little bit.
dino
dino

Number of posts : 148
Registration date : 2008-01-05

http://www.boncphoto.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Muntz Sun May 10, 2009 11:48 pm

Did ya get a new ride yet?
Muntz
Muntz
Uber User
Uber User

Number of posts : 1907
Registration date : 2007-12-17

Back to top Go down

Post  jedishon Mon May 11, 2009 7:49 am

The X is my daily vehicle. Gonna wait and see if we sell the house, find a place to live here, what the bills will be before we look at another car/truck/van/suv.

Jerry
jedishon
jedishon
Super User
Super User

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down