Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

First real ride on the DS and I need help

+2
smokey2255
erik..b
6 posters

Go down

First real ride on the DS and I need help Empty First real ride on the DS and I need help

Post  erik..b Sat Apr 04, 2009 4:41 pm

After getting almost 6" of snow on thursday morning, I was really wondering when I would be able to get out see how this tire really does - first attempt was in a good downpour. Besides adding the ct this winter, I also did some other stuff to the bike in preparation for my 2-week trip in a few weeks. Added a driver's backrest, broke down and bought a full-face helmet (figure I will get caught in the rain at least once on my trip), set of helmet speakers, and normal prep for spring tune-up stuff to the bike. Today the sun broke out and it warmed up to about 45 degrees and I decided to get a ride in while the girls were taking a nap. Figured I would break in my new helmet, see if I could hear the sound over my pipes :-), and break in the new tire. Got out and started to go through the hills and some twisties listening to the tunes and the pipes - good combination. Got stuck behind a farm truck goiong 35 in a 55 and decided to pass him in a straight spot. Here's where I need some help. With the new combination of smoothness from the ct, lack of wind in your face feel of the full face, and the tunes - I barely realized I was cruising along at 100 - oops. Through the 35mph corners at 65, front end lifting slightly under solid acceleration instead of the back Dunny spinning, being able to "feel" the road more, I think I may need to start taking donations for upcoming tickets. If anyone wants to help, feel free to PM me and I will get you my PayPal info :-) Thanks to all for the help, and can't believe that I waited almost 2 years to do the switch. Thanks - Erik

erik..b

Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2009-03-11

Back to top Go down

First real ride on the DS and I need help Empty Re: First real ride on the DS and I need help

Post  smokey2255 Sat Apr 04, 2009 6:07 pm

Eric
Welcome to my world. Darkside rules huh. Wish I could help you out with the ticket fund but I keep my ticket fund way too damn depleted. I just picked up 2 more in Virginia last weekend. Those folks dont play and they have their prices jacked up like they are proud of em and crap.

See you out there
Smokey
smokey2255
smokey2255
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2451
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down

First real ride on the DS and I need help Empty Re: First real ride on the DS and I need help

Post  dino Fri Apr 10, 2009 5:38 pm

lol, i know that feeling, last year they clocked me down at doing 95 and I just pulled to the hwy I 40 going down to work in the early AM and didn't see a cop driving behind big 18 wheeler.... Very Happy
dino
dino

Number of posts : 148
Registration date : 2008-01-05

http://www.boncphoto.com

Back to top Go down

Post  jedishon Fri Apr 10, 2009 8:23 pm

Erik, Welcome to the darkside. The problem is it only gets better as it gets broken in.... Good luck.

Jerry
jedishon
jedishon
Super User
Super User

Number of posts : 4436
Registration date : 2007-12-18

Back to top Go down

First real ride on the DS and I need help Empty First ERC today

Post  erik..b Sat Apr 11, 2009 12:54 am

Tell me about it. I taught my first ERC class today, and it only got better as the day went on. By the end of the day I was dragging boards through the turns, doing the one-handed weave and having all sorts of fun. Had one of the students ask me what size tire I had on the back because it looked like the back end of a car, told him that it was a car tire and he got a dumb-founded look then smiled. The other instructor asked to ride my bike and I let him play some, he enjoyed the power of the beast and wasn't phased by the ct at all. One and a half weeks and I am off to Arizona for two weeks, hopefully I can keep the tickets down to zero. Erik

erik..b

Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2009-03-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Badmoon Sat Apr 11, 2009 6:27 am

So far I gotta say I have been blessed. I have not gotten any tickets on the bike. Got chased one time in town. Lets just say three rights and your gone. I normally dont ride like that but if I have a reasonable chance to duck out I will.

Moon
Badmoon
Badmoon

Number of posts : 1699
Location : Swanpland (Gods Country) It is my horns that hold up my halo.
Registration date : 2007-12-20

Back to top Go down

Post  twin1300 Sat Apr 11, 2009 9:32 pm

Can't help ya' with the fund......... Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

twin1300
twin1300
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4689
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down