Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Why I had to go to Charlotte this weekend

+4
cerooth
Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005
jedishon
smokey2255
8 posters

Go down

Why I had to go to Charlotte this weekend Empty Why I had to go to Charlotte this weekend

Post  smokey2255 Tue Mar 31, 2009 5:54 pm

Here is a link to the video. So you know which is me. Let me just say real men wear pink Very Happy The Award given is the highest award the company offers.

https://www.duke-employee.com/dukeemployee/server.pt/gateway/PTARGS_0_283939_104_0_0_35/https%3B/entcon.duke-employee.com/dukenow/newspublisher/output/misc/duke-tuscola.wmv

Here is a link to the corporate news release.
https://www.duke-employee.com/dukeemployee/server.pt/gateway/PTARGS_0_90575_257572_0_0_18/09033008.htm

The awards presentation was a seriously formal event. I was way out of my element. Still had a good time though.

See you out there
Smokey
smokey2255
smokey2255
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2451
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down

Why I had to go to Charlotte this weekend Empty Re: Why I had to go to Charlotte this weekend

Post  jedishon Tue Mar 31, 2009 7:32 pm

cant get it to play.....but dude
jedishon
jedishon
Super User
Super User

Number of posts : 4436
Registration date : 2007-12-18

Back to top Go down

Why I had to go to Charlotte this weekend Empty Re: Why I had to go to Charlotte this weekend

Post  Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005 Tue Mar 31, 2009 8:10 pm

I could'nt get it to load and play scratch
Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005
Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1642
Registration date : 2007-12-17

Back to top Go down

Post  cerooth Tue Mar 31, 2009 9:10 pm

Should have jumped on the scoot instead of the truck, but I bet "Sweety" was happy to see ya
cerooth
cerooth
Super User
Super User

Number of posts : 569
Registration date : 2007-12-15

https://www.facebook.com/#!/cerooth

Back to top Go down

Post  jedishon Tue Mar 31, 2009 9:33 pm

I downloaded it to my desktop and got it to play with real player.....

Way to go Smokey....

P.S. you look good in pink...

Jerry
jedishon
jedishon
Super User
Super User

Number of posts : 4436

Back to top Go down

Post  Tanglefoot Tue Mar 31, 2009 9:56 pm

Couldn't get it to play. I don't have a desktop. Now I am lost. Sad Question
Tanglefoot
Tanglefoot
Super User
Super User

Number of posts : 259

Back to top Go down

Post  Muntz Tue Mar 31, 2009 11:14 pm

jedishon wrote:I downloaded it to my desktop and got it to play with real player.....

Way to go Smokey....

P.S. you look good in pink...

Jerry

Thanks for the tip Unca Jer.

Pink........hes so in touch with his feminine side. Razz

Great job Smokey. I didn't know this award was about saving "Sweety". It was a good re-enactment and Hollywood should be calling soon. No seriously, its good to see & hear the whole story that you told us about when it happened.

P.S. if you need an Agent I aint doing much of nothin'

Welcome to the Madness,
Muntz King
Muntz
Muntz
Uber User
Uber User

Number of posts : 1907
Registration date : 2007-12-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Poppawolf Wed Apr 01, 2009 12:26 am

That is so awesome. I have taken CPR classes for years and never had to use them. Great job. Can I have your autograph?

Db
Poppawolf
Poppawolf

Number of posts : 63

Back to top Go down

Post  nodakbassmaster Wed Apr 01, 2009 1:02 am

Poppawolf wrote:That is so awesome. I have taken CPR classes for years and never had to use them.

and I hope to continue to not use them!
nodakbassmaster
nodakbassmaster
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1604

Back to top Go down

Post  smokey2255 Wed Apr 01, 2009 4:29 am

I too have taken cpr classes for years, but I have had the misfortune to use mine several times over the years. One thing to remember when you start cpr on someone is that they are already dead. You can't hurt em. I have done cpr atotal of 10 times and only my last 2 have survived. Sweety being the last and the one before was a 19 year old drowning victim that I did cpr on in the water.
I have used the first aid side of my training way too many times to count. The heimlich manuever is by far the most common thing I have had to do. The worst is when you have to grab one of your kids and start thrusting on them. You are worried about hurting them at the same time you are worrying that they are gonna die from choking. Piss on it the ribs will heal .... death lasts forever. My son has had the heimlich done so many times that he don't even get excited anymore. He just stands up turns his back to me and puts his hands to his throat in the international "I'm frigging dying here" signal. Tough cat that boy.
If yall havent had cpr training I highly recommend you get it, or if it's been more than 2 years I recommend a refresher course. Most areas have free classes some more formal or elaborate classes cost a few bucks. But the first time you are in a situation where the education is needed it will pay off ten fold. The biggest thing is to get involved and take action. '

End rant

See you out there
Smokey
smokey2255
smokey2255
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  smokey2255 Wed Apr 01, 2009 4:30 am

and Muntz .... Mrs. Smokey says you aint getting into her cut as my agent Very Happy Very Happy

See you out there
Smokey
smokey2255
smokey2255
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down