Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Going Darkside today with the help of VTXRetro of the VTXOA board

2 posters

Go down

Going Darkside today with the help of VTXRetro of the VTXOA board Empty Going Darkside today with the help of VTXRetro of the VTXOA board

Post  AKACully Wed Mar 11, 2009 10:47 am

I got lucky and found a fellow VTX'r that mounts and doesn't spout "CT's are for cars." This will be his first on a spoke rim, especially his first with a tube. I figured it has been done with a tube before so why not give it a try. I'm going with the Metz 150 up front and the Grabber UHP in the rear. If we run into trouble, I plan on sealing the rim and trying it that way.

It will likely be a few days before I get to give it a try as I'm doing some other work on my bike while I have it torn apart. Now we'll see if I really can have the discipline to really get the other things done. lol!

Bill
05 VTX 1300S
AKACully
AKACully

Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2009-03-01

Back to top Go down

Going Darkside today with the help of VTXRetro of the VTXOA board Empty Re: Going Darkside today with the help of VTXRetro of the VTXOA board

Post  twin1300 Wed Mar 11, 2009 10:56 am

Be patient and it may take more than one try to get it done! Be sure and use a very slick solution to mount the tire with the tube! Lube the tire all the way up to the lettering! I know that doesn't make sense, but you need that bit of data.

Observe all safe work practices with mounting any tires!

...........................twin

twin1300
twin1300
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4689
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down

Going Darkside today with the help of VTXRetro of the VTXOA board Empty Re: Going Darkside today with the help of VTXRetro of the VTXOA board

Post  AKACully Wed Mar 11, 2009 10:57 am

Luckily, VTXRetro has mounted a bunch of CT's.

Bill "AKACully"

Last edited by AKACully on Wed Mar 11, 2009 10:58 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Mind faster than my fingers.)
AKACully
AKACully

Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2009-03-01

Back to top Go down

Post  twin1300 Wed Mar 11, 2009 12:11 pm

After you get some miles on, come give us a full review, good or bad?

..........................twin

twin1300
twin1300
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4689
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down