Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Going DarkSide Today

+3
dino
twin1300
caltech
7 posters

Go down

Going DarkSide Today Empty Going DarkSide Today

Post  caltech Thu Mar 05, 2009 9:48 am

I got my new General Grabber and ready to go for it. Had trouble finding a shop that will do the work, remove the MC tire off the bike, VTX1300C and mount the CT but I found a MC shop that can do it for $50. Going to pick up some dyna beads first. Is there anything special I need to make them aware of before doing the install? Can they install the Dynabeads in the CT before they seal it? I am going to bike week this weekend and I don't want any surprises or problems. One more thing what psi would be safe for 2/up riding? Thanks can't wait to report to you guys on this.
caltech
caltech

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2009-01-21

Back to top Go down

Going DarkSide Today Empty Re: Going DarkSide Today

Post  twin1300 Thu Mar 05, 2009 10:43 am

caltech wrote:I got my new General Grabber and ready to go for it. Had trouble finding a shop that will do the work, remove the MC tire off the bike, VTX1300C and mount the CT but I found a MC shop that can do it for $50. Going to pick up some dyna beads first. Is there anything special I need to make them aware of before doing the install? Can they install the Dynabeads in the CT before they seal it? I am going to bike week this weekend and I don't want any surprises or problems. One more thing what psi would be safe for 2/up riding? Thanks can't wait to report to you guys on this.

Caltech,

Here's what they need to know is....wash the rim to get the old soap off from previous washing, I mean with a water hose if possible. Then soap or lube the tire over and above what you need all the way up to the lettering on the tire! Trust me, this is a must! Tell them it could take up to 100 psi to seat the bead and more than one try sometimes do get it done! We used cooking oil for my tire.

Yes they can install the dyna beads before they seat the bead.

Start with the manufactured recommended psi for normal operations and you should be good to start with especially two up riding. Next important thing is to take it easy until you get all the mold release off just like with a motorcycle tire! I might feel wishy until you get it off, but it shouldn't slip on you.

...................twin

twin1300
twin1300
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4689
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post  dino Thu Mar 05, 2009 12:04 pm

gen grabber is a great tire man, u want be sorry to buy it and run it on your bike, I do have many happy miles on it
dino
dino

Number of posts : 148
Registration date : 2008-01-05

http://www.boncphoto.com

Back to top Go down

Going DarkSide Today Empty Darkside is the right side for me

Post  caltech Thu Mar 05, 2009 11:55 pm

Well its on and the guys at 7 Bridges MC shop(shout out) in Jax Fl did a great job and after the install they all luv it I luv it. It look good. I have to figure out how to get pics on the forum. But I told him to fill it to 36 psi because we didn't see it on the sidewall. Anybody out there with the same tire please let me know. One more thing I was also in need of a front, so I went to the local stealer and they couldn't believe I got the CT on that fast. But they made sure to sell me a Metzler for the front $$$ ouch....
caltech
caltech

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2009-01-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Big Green Valley Fri Mar 06, 2009 7:47 am

Congratulations! I had a Bridgestone up front and a Metzeler on the rear before I made the switch. No complaints about the Bridgestone and the Metz is worth it.
Big Green Valley
Big Green Valley

Number of posts : 122
Registration date : 2008-01-03

https://www.youtube.com/user/biggreenvalley?feature=mhum

Back to top Go down

Post  twin1300 Fri Mar 06, 2009 7:52 am

caltech wrote:Well its on and the guys at 7 Bridges MC shop(shout out) in Jax Fl did a great job and after the install they all luv it I luv it. It look good. I have to figure out how to get pics on the forum. But I told him to fill it to 36 psi because we didn't see it on the sidewall. Anybody out there with the same tire please let me know. One more thing I was also in need of a front, so I went to the local stealer and they couldn't believe I got the CT on that fast. But they made sure to sell me a Metzler for the front $$$ ouch....

Congrats on your darkside...Now go and try to wear it out!...heehehehehehe

....................twin

twin1300
twin1300
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4689
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post  Siggy57 Fri Mar 06, 2009 12:27 pm

I have a 1300c and currently run a Grabber on the back and Metz on the front. I waited a month or so after installing the Grabber while my front dunflop wore down enough to replace. Man what a difference, good combination those two. I played around with the pressure and found that 40 on the back felt just right and 40 on the front was just enough to keep the front wobble away. I've had the Grabber on since May '08 and it still looks like new despite it being my daily rider.

Siggy

Siggy57

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2008-04-16

Back to top Go down

Post  kermit Mon Mar 09, 2009 2:48 am

General Grabber on mine. 40 psi front and back. Gotta love it.
kermit
kermit

Number of posts : 389
Registration date : 2008-01-14

Back to top Go down

Post  Badmoon Mon Mar 09, 2009 7:29 am

Kinda means something differant now.
Ride it until the wheels fall off.

Moon
Badmoon
Badmoon

Number of posts : 1699
Location : Swanpland (Gods Country) It is my horns that hold up my halo.
Registration date : 2007-12-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down