Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Email from Forum....New guys and non posters

+32
Ottoman
Herb1949
f6driver
canibeyou
Mdwannabe
spock
harveysmedlap
redhotrod
cheeewawa
tgraf1800f
Smoken'JOE
Rich
lonwolf55
squirrel1758
zuma
RocketLoopy
dinky
RocketSteve
DJ
Ebony Red VRCCDS055
smokey2255
dsspunkler
vtxds
jnv753
jedishon
arebee
Tater1800
NDAna
VTXRon
twin1300
range rebel
Toasted_311
36 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Email from Forum....New guys and non posters Empty Email from Forum....New guys and non posters

Post  Toasted_311 Sun Jan 06, 2008 12:04 pm

I was trying to send an email to all new users and those that have 0 posts....just checking to make sure they were able to log on and such....not deleting anyone's account.....I thought the admin email notification would let me word the email, it just generated a generic email.

Sorry about that folks....I just wanted to check to make sure all could log in and got their accounts activated.

If anyone is having issues logging in please email me @ toasted_311@hotmail.com

Thanks
Joe
Toasted_311
Toasted_311
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1132
Registration date : 2007-12-14

https://mcdarksiders.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Email from Forum....New guys and non posters Empty checking

Post  range rebel Sat Feb 23, 2008 10:40 am

Do not post often. Checked into the forum for information, which was extensive, and I found it. You have me convinced and when my rear tire is finished I will put on a car tire. Thanks.

range rebel

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2008-01-04

Back to top Go down

Email from Forum....New guys and non posters Empty Re: Email from Forum....New guys and non posters

Post  twin1300 Sat Feb 23, 2008 11:47 am

range rebel wrote:Do not post often. Checked into the forum for information, which was extensive, and I found it. You have me convinced and when my rear tire is finished I will put on a car tire. Thanks.

Well, thanks for introducing yourself "range rebel". Glad you checked in with us. When you get ready, and have other questions, just let us know. What bike do you own?

twin1300
twin1300
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4689

Back to top Go down

Email from Forum....New guys and non posters Empty Bike

Post  range rebel Sun Feb 24, 2008 9:34 am

Have a 02 1800 S in illusion blue. Bub chamber maids and de-smoged. Thanks for asking.

range rebel

Registration date : 2008-01-04

Back to top Go down

Email from Forum....New guys and non posters Empty Re: Email from Forum....New guys and non posters

Post  VTXRon Thu Feb 28, 2008 9:50 am

Hey Guys! Sorry have not posted. I have been eagerly awaiting birth of new grandson (1st), adjusting to new job and trying to just get by....anyway love this forum and hope to be posting more very soon. (Well after bike week of course) Very Happy

Ron
VTXRon
VTXRon

Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2008-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post  twin1300 Thu Feb 28, 2008 10:55 am

VTXRon wrote:Hey Guys! Sorry have not posted. I have been eagerly awaiting birth of new grandson (1st), adjusting to new job and trying to just get by....anyway love this forum and hope to be posting more very soon. (Well after bike week of course) Very Happy

Ron

Well Ron,

Thanks for introducing yourself to us.
Congrats on the new grandson.......we will let you slide on this one............ Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing No, really, we understand. Just make yourself at home and post when you want to.

Congrats and Welcome to the best riding site around.

.....................bobby

twin1300
twin1300
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  NDAna Mon Mar 03, 2008 12:13 am

Not lots of need to post. Is a pleasure being with like minded riders Smile
NDAna
NDAna

Number of posts : 62

Back to top Go down

Post  twin1300 Mon Mar 03, 2008 7:14 am

NDAna wrote:Not lots of need to post. Is a pleasure being with like minded riders Smile

Back atcha' ........Sure is nice to have your own home to keep the varmits out!.....ah, I mean trolls from your thread when you do try to post!

..................bobby

twin1300
twin1300
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Tater1800 Fri Mar 14, 2008 6:16 pm

Just wanted to say a quick hello, I am very happy to have found the darkside here. I was browsing the normal vtx website when I found this one. And many thanks to everyone for their posts and information. It never occcured to me to run a car tire on the back of my 1800c. Will definatly be on there this summer. I know why the rear tire wears out...(not exactly the tire's fault, I'll take the blame on that one)...but I am on my 3rd front tire in 10k miles. Last 3 have been the stock Dunlop, going to try something else this time on the front.

Also thanks for the posts on the 1800 electrical output vs an aftermarket lightbar. Didnt know about that. I hope I can add to the forums here. I am from Northern Ohio, I ride a lot thru Amish country here. Very scenic, just have to watch out for piles of horse crap. Usually RIGHT at the apex of a corner. Would be a crappy way to crash. lol!

Tater1800

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2008-02-11

Back to top Go down

Post  twin1300 Fri Mar 14, 2008 7:23 pm

Tater1800 wrote:Just wanted to say a quick hello, I am very happy to have found the darkside here. I was browsing the normal vtx website when I found this one. And many thanks to everyone for their posts and information. It never occcured to me to run a car tire on the back of my 1800c. Will definatly be on there this summer. I know why the rear tire wears out...(not exactly the tire's fault, I'll take the blame on that one)...but I am on my 3rd front tire in 10k miles. Last 3 have been the stock Dunlop, going to try something else this time on the front.

Also thanks for the posts on the 1800 electrical output vs an aftermarket lightbar. Didnt know about that. I hope I can add to the forums here. I am from Northern Ohio, I ride a lot thru Amish country here. Very scenic, just have to watch out for piles of horse crap. Usually RIGHT at the apex of a corner. Would be a crappy way to crash. lol!

Well tater..........Glad to have you sir! And welcome to the site! If you have any questions please let us know. Read the "not a stupid question" in the stickie section of general discussion.

Yes, if you fell on some horse dung.......that would stink!!!!!!!!! Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

.................bobby

twin1300
twin1300
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  arebee Tue Apr 01, 2008 9:48 am

Couldn't remember if I posted or not.
Well here I am if I haven't, 07 1300R, stock......

arebee

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2007-12-31

Back to top Go down

Post  twin1300 Tue Apr 01, 2008 9:49 am

arebee wrote:Couldn't remember if I posted or not.
Well here I am if I haven't, 07 1300R, stock......

Well "RB"......if we can help you in any way, just let one of us know. Glad to have you sir and come on in the waters is fine!

...............bobby

twin1300
twin1300
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Apr 01, 2008 2:33 pm

My bad . . . I had a ton of work to do before bike week, kept busy through bike week, and arrived home 3 weeks ago with a terrible case of the flu. Missed all you guys (and gals) and hopefully life will lighten up for me. Forgive me? Sad

Back to top Go down

Post  twin1300 Tue Apr 01, 2008 2:47 pm

shebear wrote:My bad . . . I had a ton of work to do before bike week, kept busy through bike week, and arrived home 3 weeks ago with a terrible case of the flu. Missed all you guys (and gals) and hopefully life will lighten up for me. Forgive me? Sad

Don't appologize....we just glad you are OK! Good to hear from you! Heck, there is a thread going about you and how you are doing?????????????

......................bobby

twin1300
twin1300
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Apr 01, 2008 2:50 pm

Hanging in there. Just still dealing with the flu and trying not to commit bodily harm to my father in law. 🤡

Back to top Go down

Post  jedishon Tue Apr 01, 2008 2:51 pm

shebear wrote:My bad . . . I had a ton of work to do before bike week, kept busy through bike week, and arrived home 3 weeks ago with a terrible case of the flu. Missed all you guys (and gals) and hopefully life will lighten up for me. Forgive me? Sad
No need to appologise. We just get NSS (no Shebear syndrom) when we dont hear from you.

Jerry
jedishon
jedishon
Super User
Super User

Number of posts : 4436
Registration date : 2007-12-18

Back to top Go down

Email from Forum....New guys and non posters Empty Haven't posted yet

Post  jnv753 Fri Apr 04, 2008 8:42 pm

Have not posted before. Would like to see some pics.

jnv753

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2008-03-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Apr 04, 2008 9:19 pm

What kind of pics? Shocked

Back to top Go down

Post  vtxds Sat Apr 19, 2008 8:23 pm

Justed came onboard have 300Mi now and all ready in love. Can't believe it took me so long to do it.

Pat Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
vtxds
vtxds

Registration date : 2008-04-18

Back to top Go down

Email from Forum....New guys and non posters Empty Just a Newbie

Post  dsspunkler Thu May 01, 2008 11:39 pm

Hello all. Havn't posted yet so here I go, I'm posting!! Looks like a great site with alot of good and interesting info. i havn't gone Darkside yet and unfortunatly it may be awhile. I just bought new rubber this winter, unaware of the coolness of a ct on the rear of my VTX. Bought the bike, an 03 Blurple last oct. Don't get alot of time to ride due to work but when i'm home and its not snowing or raining, thats what i'm doing!! I may have to lose the new metz on the rear and go maybe a Goodyear Eagle f1 gs-d3 205-55-16 or a triple tread 205-60-16. I do have a ? Does the size/Depth/stiffness of the sidewall make any differance or is it mainly the overall height of the tire thats more important?
Seems a shorter sidewall would be stiffer and maybe not what you want?? Or doesn't it really matter if the tire is low profile or standard? Gimme some feedback. Now that i've finished this book I realize I should have posted it some where else!! Damn Newbies anyway!!Thanks all Laughing
dsspunkler
dsspunkler

Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2008-05-01

Back to top Go down

Post  smokey2255 Fri May 02, 2008 12:25 am

dsspunkler wrote:Hello all. Havn't posted yet so here I go, I'm posting!! Looks like a great site with alot of good and interesting info. i havn't gone Darkside yet and unfortunatly it may be awhile. I just bought new rubber this winter, unaware of the coolness of a ct on the rear of my VTX. Bought the bike, an 03 Blurple last oct. Don't get alot of time to ride due to work but when i'm home and its not snowing or raining, thats what i'm doing!! I may have to lose the new metz on the rear and go maybe a Goodyear Eagle f1 gs-d3 205-55-16 or a triple tread 205-60-16. I do have a ? Does the size/Depth/stiffness of the sidewall make any differance or is it mainly the overall height of the tire thats more important?
Seems a shorter sidewall would be stiffer and maybe not what you want?? Or doesn't it really matter if the tire is low profile or standard? Gimme some feedback. Now that i've finished this book I realize I should have posted it some where else!! Damn Newbies anyway!!Thanks all Laughing

Dsspunkler
I don't know that there would be a problem running a low profile tire. Most try to stay with a taller tire to keep the speedo somewhere near its stock inaccuracy. I am running a 55 on mine and love it. It seems that all tires that have been tried hold the road and dig the twisties really well.
Any other questions post em and we will see what we can do to help you out

See you out there
Smokey
smokey2255
smokey2255
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2451

Back to top Go down

Post  twin1300 Fri May 02, 2008 7:35 am

vtxds wrote:Justed came onboard have 300Mi now and all ready in love. Can't believe it took me so long to do it.

Pat Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Well Pat.....Glad to have you sir! You are going to love the darkside the more miles you get.

..............bobby

twin1300
twin1300
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Email from Forum....New guys and non posters Empty First Post...

Post  Ebony Red VRCCDS055 Fri May 16, 2008 7:10 am

Hey, how is everyone... Cool I have a Goodyear Eagle GT - HR 205/60 on my '99 Red/Black Interstate. It's my 2nd tire - had the first one on my '99 black Tourer.

Jerry
MN VRCC #161

Ebony Red VRCCDS055

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2008-05-16

Back to top Go down

Post  twin1300 Fri May 16, 2008 7:53 am

Ebony Red wrote:Hey, how is everyone... Cool I have a Goodyear Eagle GT - HR 205/60 on my '99 Red/Black Interstate. It's my 2nd tire - had the first one on my '99 black Tourer.

Jerry
MN VRCC #161

Hey EbonyRed,

Glad to have you sir and welcome to our riding site that loves the darkside. Make yourself at home! I love those Valk Interstates....... Very Happy

...................bobby

twin1300
twin1300
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Email from Forum....New guys and non posters Empty First Post

Post  DJ Sun May 25, 2008 2:21 pm

Hey everyone, just signed up. Jan 08 I bought a 07 1300 V Star, I've got 4000 miles on it already, and will be looking for a new rear tire soon. I hear that 8 to 10,000 miles is about all can get out of it. Its 110 miles round trip to work, I ride it whenever I can. Gas $3.+ per gallon
Been reading some in the V Star forums about the Darkside. Went for a ride in St. Charles, MO with a group and talk with a guy on a 900 Voyager that was running a car tire, but he did know about the darkside. He only had 2000 miles on it,(looked brand New) and loves it. (Said he has a barn full old MC tires).

DJ Cool

DJ

Registration date : 2008-05-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next