Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Just got in from ridin' The Dragon....

3 posters

Go down

Just got in from ridin' The Dragon.... Empty Just got in from ridin' The Dragon....

Post  Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005 Fri Nov 28, 2008 5:32 pm

Lucky 13 , Greg and I took off this morning and headed to Deal's Gap to play on The Dragon. No cops all day we had a blast. Deal's Gap Store is closed for the winter now but gas can still be had at The Hellbender 28 Store.Very little traffic in the mountains today but we saw several bike's out diggin' the beautiful 60 degree weather.Photo...Bikes at the over-look on US 129 " The Dragon " .

Just got in from ridin' The Dragon.... Dragon-Lake003Small
Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005
Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1642
Registration date : 2007-12-17

Back to top Go down

Just got in from ridin' The Dragon.... Empty Re: Just got in from ridin' The Dragon....

Post  Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005 Fri Nov 28, 2008 5:34 pm

If only I had a dollar for every picture that's been took of this. Photo ...Over-look at US 129.
Just got in from ridin' The Dragon.... Dragon-Lake005Small
Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005
Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Just got in from ridin' The Dragon.... Empty Re: Just got in from ridin' The Dragon....

Post  Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005 Fri Nov 28, 2008 5:36 pm

The ol'dude that was ridin' this ( its brand new ) at one time was a Valkyrie owner he also has a 1800 Wing . We shot the chit with him at the over-look and he claimed he liked to ride fast so we said let's go. He was around me pretty fast in a blind curve pass that to be honest kinda rattled me .Gordon ( Lucky 13 ) stayed with him and claimed he blew just about all 318 curves Crying or Very sad He said he was 73 and has been ridin' for years...He's one lucky dude and the word DANGEROUS comes to mind .

Just got in from ridin' The Dragon.... Dragon-Lake007Small
Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005
Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  jedishon Fri Nov 28, 2008 7:11 pm

He might be dangerous but he has a nice looking Triumph.....
Thanks for the pictures.....

Jerry
jedishon
jedishon
Super User
Super User

Number of posts : 4436
Registration date : 2007-12-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005 Fri Nov 28, 2008 7:17 pm

He claim's until a few years ago he owned a small motel up near Gatlinburg. He was a likeable guy even after I called him stupid for not only putting himself in danger but anyone he happen to meet in the curves he was blowin' .
Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005
Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  smokey2255 Fri Nov 28, 2008 9:46 pm

Riding hard and fast don't mean shit if you dont hold your line. Too many good folks and a whole lot of idiots get hurt that way. I will do the dragon at my pace thank ya. And I like the outside line. It offers just a bit more reaction time for the rice rocket or other bone head blowing the corner.
Glad you had a good day Joe, dumbass and all.

See you out there
Smokey
smokey2255
smokey2255
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2451
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down