Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Got to make the change SOON - rear tire is almost a flat as a CT ! lol

2 posters

Go down

Got to make the change SOON - rear tire is almost a flat as a CT ! lol Empty Got to make the change SOON - rear tire is almost a flat as a CT ! lol

Post  davidv-soga Sun Nov 16, 2008 7:45 pm

Okay y'all serious business... I've got a 2003 1800 - C

I'm hoping someone can tell me which tire has the least affect on the speedometer reading.
I'm also wondering if anyone has mounted the CT on a C model if there were any fender frame grinding that had to be done ?
Unfortunately (lol) I know my speedometer is pretty close to accurate based on getting zapped by a GSP-GA.State Patrol...

I'm trying to choose between the 205/65 or 60 or is it a 55 ?/16

65 - 60 which size do y'all suggest ? for speedometer and less fender grinding...

I'm seriously looking at the General Tire Altimax HP I believe this can be purchased in the 92V @ www.tirerack.com for about $76 ... rated 2nd behind the Goodyear triple tread i think... the Altimax HP has a pretty neat looking tire tread too.

V is the speed rating, right ? 149mph ? I won't be doing any where close to that !

Need any input y'all can offer in this... definitely a rookie coming to the DS...

Thanks. David in South Georgia

davidv-soga

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2008-08-02

Back to top Go down

Got to make the change SOON - rear tire is almost a flat as a CT ! lol Empty Re: Got to make the change SOON - rear tire is almost a flat as a CT ! lol

Post  goodsgto Sun Nov 16, 2008 9:50 pm

I have a 2003 1800 C and just put a Michelin 205/65/16 on the rear.

No mods required - rode two up with my wife and no rubs.

Did have to let the air out of the tire to get it to squeeze between the swing arm and drive unit.

Other than that, no problems mounting. I do notice the difference in the ride and having to use a little more effort to make it lean and hold the turn. It wants to pop up right due to the wide flat bottom of the tire.

But nothing wrong with that..... smoother ride is noticeable.

Also, I think the speedo is only off by a mile per hour..... There are some threads on speedometer readings and tire size somewhere on this board.
goodsgto
goodsgto

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2008-06-22

Back to top Go down