Flat Tire on Dunlop Winter Sport Run Flat 175/60R/16

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Flat Tire on Dunlop Winter Sport Run Flat 175/60R/16

Post  Tshirtmeister on Mon Mar 24, 2014 5:52 pm

Hey Guys I had a flat on my Dunlop Winter sport Run Flat and it did what it was supposed too. The bike started feeling funny so I finally Pulled over and the back had no air. I whipped out my elec air pump and plugged it into the cigarette lighter jack and air it back up. The next morning same problem. Flat again. Pulled out a Huge 3 inch nail and plugged it with my kit and rode all day. Although it did feel weird we were riding at 55 mph and goin thru twisties. Probably would be safer to slow down further but we made it. No Blowout this time, No tire coming of the wheel and crashing. I dont care what these so called safety experts are saying about darksiding. Theyre wrong and I'm proof. This tire performed perfect. The hole is plugged and were on the road again

The original Back tire failed at 5400 miles from a nail puncture, came off the wheel, bending 6 inches of the rear fender in on my 2005 VTX1800 Neo locking the rear wheel at 60mph. We started sliding at  60mph but kept my cool and got it slowed to 25mph before goin down.

The New tire has 8500 miles on it and looks like new. My Gal was pleased even riding 2 up the tire did what it was supposed too. Flat and able to drive 25 -50 miles to safety and a place it can be fixed. My TPMS (tire pressure monitoring system) had dead batteries and gave me no warning so getting that fixed this week cant be too safe.

Moral of the Story. This tire is great, rides great and saved the day! Well worth the $135 over a standard $75 car tire. Highly recommended. Way better than any bike tire . Get A TPMS too your life is worth a couple hundred. I use the Doran TPMS. Its the best.

Tshirtmeister

Number of posts : 57
Registration date : 2011-06-26

http://www.a1colrs.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Flat Tire on Dunlop Winter Sport Run Flat 175/60R/16

Post  robw on Mon Mar 24, 2014 9:35 pm

Exactly the reason I use a runflat. thanks for the advice on the TPMS. I think it's about time I look into it.
robw

Number of posts : 85
Registration date : 2009-01-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Tshirtmeister on Mon Mar 24, 2014 10:53 pm

robw wrote:Exactly the reason I use a runflat. thanks for the advice on the TPMS. I think it's about time I look into it.

Check Doran MFG cant beat it. I did alot of research. You will have to power with 12V works great.

http://www.doranmfg.com/tirepressuremonitorproducts.htm

Cheers

Tshirtmeister

Number of posts : 57
Registration date : 2011-06-26

http://www.a1colrs.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top