Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

new metz in front and what psi need to inflate on

4 posters

Go down

new metz in front and what psi need to inflate on Empty new metz in front and what psi need to inflate on

Post  dino Sat Aug 30, 2008 9:22 am

I did put brand new metz me 880 in front yesterday and what psi should I run on it??
The guys from the honda shop recommended 33psi, and I thought that's to low.

What do you guys think??

Also, yesterday when I went ot install new me880 for the front, guy from the service dept asked me if he can take my bike for a spin arround to test the ct on it and I told him it's ok, go for it.
He also asked me for diference in handling etc... and I told him I see only improvement over regular mt.
Smooter ride, better breaking, etc....
so, he took it for a spin and came back with huge smile on his face and told me and to the other guy from the service dept how surprised he was with handling and breaking, even when he did close u-turn, that ct was feeling just like the mt, but also said that over bumps and on the road was much smooter than any mt he rode on. Very Happy
Also, asked me how many miles I got on it right now and told him over 2k happy miles, lol.
They did install a while ago and he was curious how is the tire performing.
They was looking at the tire and told me it's like brand new even after 2k on it. LOL.
dino
dino

Number of posts : 148
Registration date : 2008-01-05

http://www.boncphoto.com

Back to top Go down

new metz in front and what psi need to inflate on Empty Re: new metz in front and what psi need to inflate on

Post  stater61 Sun Aug 31, 2008 1:35 am

I just put a 88o on my 1800C although it's a 16" i'm pretty sure the pressures would be similar. I had a dunny on before that and ran 41psi cold in it as per the dealer in Durango,Co.

The dealer in Farmington recommended 33psi. When I ran at that pressure I started getting some cupping on the front. That's when I called the Durango dealer and he stated to run the 41 psi. I also posted a thread on another board and they and they all pretty much recommended 38-40 lbs. I have been playing with that and liked 40 better. I just started playing around with 40-42 and so far I like that a little better yet.

Just my opinion, but I wouldn't run anything less than 38 and prefer 40-42 (cold).

stater61

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2008-07-08

Back to top Go down

new metz in front and what psi need to inflate on Empty Re: new metz in front and what psi need to inflate on

Post  jedishon Sun Aug 31, 2008 9:12 am

I have a 150/80/17 and run 38-40 in it. Over 40 and it felt like it wanted to slip out on me....
good luck with yours...

Jerry
jedishon
jedishon
Super User
Super User

Number of posts : 4436
Registration date : 2007-12-18

Back to top Go down

Post  mlr1968 Sun Aug 31, 2008 11:38 pm

Running a metz on the front also, I use 38 lbs and 40 in the rear using a dogulas 205 65 15. U may want to experment wth tire pressure to find the right one for u. Kudos on no lower then 38 lbs.
mlr1968
mlr1968

Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2008-06-07

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down