Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Off w/ the Metz On w/ the Bridgestone,PICS

2 posters

Go down

Off w/ the Metz On w/ the Bridgestone,PICS Empty Off w/ the Metz On w/ the Bridgestone,PICS

Post  dsspunkler Sat Jun 07, 2008 7:05 pm

Hello all. newbie to the Darkside. Seen alot off posts on vtxoa but never read them. Bought the bike last oct,needed rubber so I bought Metzlers and got the front one for shipping cost,$25. fast forward to today , The new Metz is on the floor of the garage and i've just mounted up a 205\55\16 Bridgestone Potenza G019 on my 03 retro. i must say it's a bit different at first ecspecialy at slowspeed manuvering but after a few figure 8's and a encounter with some uneven concrete in a parking lot I feel confident that I made the right choice. Have only been able to ride about 50miles due to the weather but it feels great and looks bada$$. I'm running 44lbs wich is what the recomended psi. is. How low can a guy go w/ the pressures? At around 30 the sidewall looks so soft on the kickstand that it makes me wonder what it looks like in the twisties. I will post pics as soon as I figure out how to transfer them from photobucket.(I'm computer illiterate) Thanks for all the great info. I was able to make an confident decision based on all of the great info posted by everyone on this site. Anyone lookig for a slightl
y used (around 200 miles) ME 880 180\70\R16 ? 150$
https://2img.net/h/i302.photobucket.com/albums/nn91/tspunkler/darksideblurple003.jpg?t=1213237865

https://2img.net/h/i302.photobucket.com/albums/nn91/tspunkler/darksideblurple001.jpg?t=1213237988

Last edited by dsspunkler on Wed Jun 11, 2008 9:34 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added links to picks)
dsspunkler
dsspunkler

Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2008-05-01

Back to top Go down

Off w/ the Metz On w/ the Bridgestone,PICS Empty Re: Off w/ the Metz On w/ the Bridgestone,PICS

Post  Dan Sat Jun 07, 2008 7:32 pm

Welcome Aboard! I wouldn't run less than 30 with that size tire, you don't have much air volume with a low profile, which requires more pressure, and you may do better above 30. The pressure listed on tire is the max. the tire can handle, at max weight limit. The vehicle mfg. determines recomended pressure, which I'm sure would be less than 44 psi. on any vehicle that would come with that size tire. Since Darksiders don't have the luxury of rec. pressures, except from each other, check the list for your tire, or just try different pressures to see what suits you. Pay close attention to your handling in different situations, and dial it in. Have Fun!
Dan
Dan

Number of posts : 211
Registration date : 2008-05-15

Back to top Go down