Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tire ordered

4 posters

Go down

Tire ordered Empty Tire ordered

Post  onei Thu Aug 21, 2008 1:33 pm

Well I was able to get the tire I "hopefully" need for my bike today. I got the Goodyear Eagle F1 GS-D3 205/55zr-16

I went to Lamb's Tire here in town to buy the tire. Once all was said and done, they told me the final price (with mount - that was a shock that they would mount it, but they said sure, they have a couple of mechanics that are bikers and work on their bikes all the time, so I was excited ... but I digress) ... the final price would be about $360.00. affraid

After I picked my jaw up off the floor I asked them to look up Treadepot.com which they did and found the same tire there for $147.00. They agreed to that price plus about $13.50 profit for them. Since they are going to mount it for $16.00, dispose of my old tire and all, I figured that it was worth is.

So...by Tuesday or Wed. of next week I should have my new tire on. I'm not counting my chickens until they hatch on this one, but HOPEFULLY this is going to work without a hitch.

Wish me luck. Smile
onei
onei

Number of posts : 144
Registration date : 2008-06-26

Back to top Go down

Tire ordered Empty Re: Tire ordered

Post  jedishon Thu Aug 21, 2008 1:44 pm

$360.00 to $176.50 is a good price reduction. Good thing you did your homework and checked it out on line. Let us know how it goes....

Jerry
jedishon
jedishon
Super User
Super User

Number of posts : 4436
Registration date : 2007-12-18

Back to top Go down

Post  DS-Wing-Nut Thu Aug 21, 2008 9:38 pm

onei wrote:Well I was able to get the tire I "hopefully" need for my bike today. I got the Goodyear Eagle F1 GS-D3 205/55zr-16

I went to Lamb's Tire here in town to buy the tire. Once all was said and done, they told me the final price (with mount - that was a shock that they would mount it, but they said sure, they have a couple of mechanics that are bikers and work on their bikes all the time, so I was excited ... but I digress) ... the final price would be about $360.00. affraid

After I picked my jaw up off the floor I asked them to look up Treadepot.com which they did and found the same tire there for $147.00. They agreed to that price plus about $13.50 profit for them. Since they are going to mount it for $16.00, dispose of my old tire and all, I figured that it was worth is.

So...by Tuesday or Wed. of next week I should have my new tire on. I'm not counting my chickens until they hatch on this one, but HOPEFULLY this is going to work without a hitch.

Wish me luck. Smile

OneI, I hope this all works out in the end for you. Sorry the first tire you purchased didn't work out for you .....

David W.
DS-Wing-Nut
DS-Wing-Nut

Number of posts : 328
Registration date : 2008-02-02

Back to top Go down

Tire ordered Empty nice price great tire

Post  OneFATride Thu Aug 21, 2008 9:53 pm

You got a good price paid 167.95 for mine was only tire on showroom floor did not have to order. mine is on a vtx 1800r fits nice good luck and enjoyTire ordered Img_0015Tire ordered Img_0012
OneFATride
OneFATride

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2008-07-30

Back to top Go down

Post  onei Fri Aug 22, 2008 2:32 am

DS-Wing-Nut wrote:OneI, I hope this all works out in the end for you. Sorry the first tire you purchased didn't work out for you .....

David W.

David,

Me too ... however, I want to publicly thank you for the offer to mount my first tire selection. It was great meeting you and Steve-O. My brother and I had a great ride back to Austin. He was grinning ear-to-ear with that new 1800c. He's been riding a 750 Shadow, which is not a bad bike, but the 1800 compared to the 750 is like the kiddie coaster the big boys coaster.

Anyway, hopefully we will cross paths again some day. BTW-I looked up the "Three Sisters" run and am making plans to head that direction before long. That looks like a lot of fun.
onei
onei

Back to top Go down

Post  onei Fri Aug 22, 2008 2:36 am

OneFATride wrote:You got a good price paid 167.95 for mine was only tire on showroom floor did not have to order. mine is on a vtx 1800r fits nice good luck and enjoy

Thanks. I feel like I am waiting for Christmas to come around. 🎅
onei
onei

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down