Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thinking of crossing over to the Darkside

+3
dino
twin1300
justletmein
7 posters

Go down

Thinking of crossing over to the Darkside Empty Thinking of crossing over to the Darkside

Post  justletmein Wed Aug 13, 2008 3:10 pm

I hear they have cookies. Laughing

Anyhow, what's the consensus or which tires and sizes should I be looking at for a 2007 1300C?

Last edited by justletmein on Wed Aug 13, 2008 11:44 pm; edited 1 time in total

justletmein

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2008-08-13

Back to top Go down

Thinking of crossing over to the Darkside Empty Re: Thinking of crossing over to the Darkside

Post  twin1300 Wed Aug 13, 2008 4:51 pm

justletmein wrote:I hear they have cookies. Laughing

Anyhow, what's the consensus or which tires and sizes should I be looking at for a 2007 1300C?

I run the Douglas 205/65/15 Snow and Rain tire on my C and love it!.....a lot of guys since I jumped are running the Grabber 205/70/15! You will get different opinions! Both handle fantastic and to each it's on! Most go with the Grabber because of the directional tread......... Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy It is a good looking tire!

Welcome to our site and good luck with your choice. Make yourself at home and please read our stickies!

...................twin

twin1300
twin1300
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4689
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down

Thinking of crossing over to the Darkside Empty Re: Thinking of crossing over to the Darkside

Post  dino Wed Aug 13, 2008 4:57 pm

here is the link with pictures:
https://mcdarksiders.forumotion.com/vtx-1300-tech-f11/pics-of-your-darkside-wideside-t599.htm
take a look and welcome to dark side
dino
dino

Number of posts : 148
Registration date : 2008-01-05

http://www.boncphoto.com

Back to top Go down

Post  jedishon Wed Aug 13, 2008 5:17 pm

Welcome to the site....Do a little searching....ask a few questions...and go for it.....

Jerry
jedishon
jedishon
Super User
Super User

Number of posts : 4436
Registration date : 2007-12-18

Back to top Go down

Post  horseman8m Wed Aug 13, 2008 7:42 pm

Both the Douglas 205/65/15 and the Grabber 205/70/15 are great tires there others too just look around and feel free to ask questions between me and my brother we know everything! lol.
Welcome to the site and read the older threads a lot of info are still in the first pages.
good luck,
Horse
horseman8m
horseman8m

Number of posts : 1449
Registration date : 2008-02-09

Back to top Go down

Post  justletmein Wed Aug 13, 2008 7:53 pm

Been reading all day long, man my eyes are tired! Laughing So the Grabber 205/70/15 seems to be a highly preferred tire, and also seems it'll fit on a stock 1300c rim and fit the stock bike with no modding and such required. Anyone heard of peeps using a tire from Goodyear, Michelin, BFG, you know the major CT manufacturers?

Last edited by justletmein on Wed Aug 13, 2008 11:45 pm; edited 1 time in total

justletmein

Back to top Go down

Post  smokey2255 Wed Aug 13, 2008 9:24 pm

justletmein wrote:Been reading all day long, man my eyes are tired! Laughing So the Grabber 205/70/15 seems to be a highly preferred tire, and also seems it'll fit on a stock 1300c rim and fit the stock bike with no modding and such required. Anyone heard of peeps using a tire from Goodyear, Michelin, BFG, you know the major CT manufacturers?

Nawww noone uses the tires from the major maufacturers .... all their tires are just for cars Laughing Laughing Laughing Mad
If it is in a size that has been tried ... I say try it and let us know.

See you out there
Smokey
smokey2255
smokey2255
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2451
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post  horseman8m Wed Aug 13, 2008 9:47 pm

smokey2255 wrote:
justletmein wrote:Been reading all day long, man my eyes are tired! Laughing So the Grabber 205/70/15 seems to be a highly preferred tire, and also seems it'll fit on a stock 1300c rim and fit the stock bike with no modding and such required. Anyone heard of peeps using a tire from Goodyear, Michelin, BFG, you know the major CT manufacturers?

Nawww noone uses the tires from the major maufacturers .... all their tires are just for cars Laughing Laughing Laughing Mad
If it is in a size that has been tried ... I say try it and let us know.

See you out there
Smokey

that's right if you like a tire look at the specs and see if it is like one that is already on a bike , if it is then go for it and put it on and let us know if you like it .
Good luck,
Horse
horseman8m
horseman8m

Number of posts : 1449
Registration date : 2008-02-09

Back to top Go down

Post  justletmein Wed Aug 13, 2008 11:47 pm

Well I think for the first timer I'd better stick with something that's already been tried and tested, don't need to be experimenting when I don't know what I'm doing yet. Wink

justletmein

Back to top Go down

Post  061300c Thu Aug 14, 2008 4:09 am

i am running the same douglas as twin before that was the kuhmo 165 if you wanna check it out in person shoot me a pm i see you are in sa let me know.

061300c

Number of posts : 44
Registration date : 2008-01-26

Back to top Go down

Post  jedishon Thu Aug 14, 2008 7:50 am

justletmein wrote:Well I think for the first timer I'd better stick with something that's already been tried and tested, don't need to be experimenting when I don't know what I'm doing yet. Wink

Both the Douglas and the Grabber are good tires.....I have over 8,000 on my Douglas and George has over 8,000 on his Grabber. I believe that I will go with a 70 series next time.

Jerry
jedishon
jedishon
Super User
Super User

Number of posts : 4436
Registration date : 2007-12-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down