Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wind Chill tech

2 posters

Go down

Wind Chill tech Empty Wind Chill tech

Post  Muntz Sat Dec 29, 2007 12:47 pm

For those of you wanting to know how cold it is when you are riding. Check out this windchill calculator.

Just put in your STATURE MPH then enter, then click calculate

http://www.csgnetwork.com/windchillcalc.html
Muntz
Muntz
Uber User
Uber User

Number of posts : 1907
Registration date : 2007-12-17

Back to top Go down

Wind Chill tech Empty Re: Wind Chill tech

Post  Guest Sat Dec 29, 2007 1:52 pm

That's a good one. I wasn't aware that there was a new way of calculating wind chill.

This is an old chart. I find it useful to print out and keep a copy in my saddlebag.

printable old wind chill chart

Back to top Go down

Wind Chill tech Empty RE: Wind Chill Tech

Post  Tanglefoot Sat Dec 29, 2007 4:29 pm

It is difficult for me to ride a bike and operate a computer at the same time. I know there those folks that can multi-task so for them the formula is okay. I used to carry a print out chart like the one that Shebear is talking about but when I get cold it is cold enough to park the Valk. All I want to do then is find me a place by a huge fireplace and blister my backside getting warm. Now, I just dress for the cold and don't worry about the wind-chill. If it gets to cold I keep my Valk covered because I want that little lady to stay warm too. Also, the birds won't perch on her and poop on the windshield, the seat, the fuel tank or the saddlebags and trunk. Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation
Tanglefoot
Tanglefoot
Super User
Super User

Number of posts : 259
Registration date : 2007-12-15

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jan 02, 2008 6:33 am

My wind chill chart that I use on my bike is really easy to use. When I can no longer feel my hands or my feet, my nose has a steady drip and my eyes are really hurting, it is time to stop. We have a single car garage where the bikes are kept and we leave the truck outside. I don't worry about the truck, but I want my bike to be protected.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down