Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Darksider in Missouri

3 posters

Go down

New Darksider in Missouri Empty New Darksider in Missouri

Post  btaillon Sat Aug 02, 2008 4:02 pm

I got my Ct installed on my 2002 Aero, I just turned over 79,500 miles and now after all the motorcycle tire I got a Ct put on my bike I tried this a few years ago with the stock spoked rim and could not get the tire to seat so I found a rim off a saber and pick up a Nexen 165/80-15 I started a 11 o'clock this morning and by 1:30 I was on the road with a CT on my bike. not bad time since the tire shop was 25 miles away. I did not have a problem seating the bead I sprayed the tire down with zip wax car wash and put the air chuck over the valve stem (just the end of the air hose with out the air chuck installed and the valve NOT in the valve stem) I took the air up until the tire was holding air around the rim and then let the air off and put more soap on the rim where the tire had yet to bead and pop it was seated. maybe around 60 to 70 pounds is all it took. I took pics of the tire mounted and sitting next to a Metzler on a stock spoke rim. I will run this tire and then maybe go up to the wideside. The tire only cost me 53.00 and they have Over 100 in stock so I might even get me a few more tires.

Here is a link to the pics
Brett

https://s46.photobucket.com/albums/f131/btaillon/Darkside/

btaillon

Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2008-07-26

Back to top Go down

New Darksider in Missouri Empty Re: New Darksider in Missouri

Post  jedishon Sat Aug 02, 2008 4:38 pm

Great job...Good write up....Welcome to the darkside.....Let us know how you like it after you get some miles on it.....It'll take 100-200 to wear the mold release off..unless you pull a smokey and burn it off.....

Jerry
jedishon
jedishon
Super User
Super User

Number of posts : 4436
Registration date : 2007-12-18

Back to top Go down

Post  horseman8m Sat Aug 02, 2008 4:45 pm

Welcome to the Darkside , my nexen seated really easy as well i only heard one small pop, checked the tire and one side was seated then went another 10 psi and checked again even though i didn't hear another pop and it was seated as well , total psi 80. so good luck and if you want to add photos to your posts just copy the img under the photo in your photobucket account and paste it in the message box,:
New Darksider in Missouri IMG_0065-1
New Darksider in Missouri IMG_0067
New Darksider in Missouri IMG_0068
like that
See you around ,
Horse
horseman8m
horseman8m

Number of posts : 1449
Registration date : 2008-02-09

Back to top Go down