Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How WIDE can i go on my SPOKED wheel

4 posters

Go down

How WIDE can i go on my SPOKED wheel Empty How WIDE can i go on my SPOKED wheel

Post  wiggans50cal Sat Aug 02, 2008 1:45 pm

i have a 1300-S, right now i am being told by a member that a 165/80-15 and i believe he might be right, but man, i love more rubber! Has anyone on here mounted a wider tire on a spoked wheel? Does sealing the wheel make it easier to put a C/T on? thanks fellas!!!! P.S. i have my eye on a couple different 185-65-15's but will this tire work good on my wheel and not suck my MPG?

wiggans50cal

Number of posts : 48
Registration date : 2008-07-11

Back to top Go down

How WIDE can i go on my SPOKED wheel Empty Re: How WIDE can i go on my SPOKED wheel

Post  dino Sat Aug 02, 2008 2:46 pm

man, if you just take few minutes and read that we are running 205, lol, Very Happy
dino
dino

Number of posts : 148
Registration date : 2008-01-05

http://www.boncphoto.com

Back to top Go down

How WIDE can i go on my SPOKED wheel Empty Re: How WIDE can i go on my SPOKED wheel

Post  smokey2255 Sat Aug 02, 2008 3:06 pm

The tire is not gonna suck your MPG ... the throttle will though Laughing

See you out there
Smokey
smokey2255
smokey2255
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2451
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post  wiggans50cal Sat Aug 02, 2008 4:16 pm

dino wrote:man, if you just take few minutes and read that we are running 205, lol, Very Happy
I just didnt know how wide i could go on my SPOKED rim, i heard that 165 is all id want to do.... who all has ran a 205 on a spoked??? i would like to know how easy it slipped on. thanks for your post!!!!

wiggans50cal

Back to top Go down

Post  dino Sat Aug 02, 2008 6:35 pm

hey hey, I was just kidding man,
take a look at kermitdog's post:
https://mcdarksiders.forumotion.com/vtx-1300-tech-f11/tire-brand-recommendations-t1502.htm
I think he is running falken ze512
He have S model if i am not mistaken and falken looks good
dino
dino

Back to top Go down

Post  wiggans50cal Sat Aug 02, 2008 9:53 pm

dino wrote:hey hey, I was just kidding man,
take a look at kermitdog's post:
https://mcdarksiders.forumotion.com/vtx-1300-tech-f11/tire-brand-recommendations-t1502.htm
I think he is running falken ze512
He have S model if i am not mistaken and falken looks good

hey dude, nah i didnt take any offence to that at all and i didnt mean to offend you, i re-read my post and see how it looked like i got short with you but i didnt mean it thata way at all. i thank you for your post and thank you for your help, i just want to know if anyone has done this with a spoked rim and how easy it is. thanks bud.

wiggans50cal

Back to top Go down

Post  papa Sun Aug 03, 2008 12:30 am

I am running the 205/70 on a spoke wheel, and the word slip on doesn't really apply with that one Mad , but it is doable. Lots of air pressure to seat the bead, and you may need to raise the back wheel off the ground and rap it out in high gear to seat the bead.

papa

Number of posts : 85
Registration date : 2008-06-27

Back to top Go down

Post  dino Sun Aug 03, 2008 1:52 pm

I think with some mod you can go with 215 on spoked rims, if I am not mistaken.
I am sure that horseman have done this mod and it's also with pictures what he have done to his rear to mount 215 on it.

I personally like general graber uhp 205/70/15 and chose that tire to install on my cast rim.

Someone mentioned also over here that they did use tube size bigger than regular size to be able to fit his 205/65/15.

If you search on 1300 & general board, you will probably find it over there.

So, you can run easily 205 without any mod on spoke rim or 215 with mod on your rear.
And you can also search for inner tube on spoke rim.

Hope this help buddy.

sincerely,

dino
dino
dino

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down