Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

tubes for darkside

5 posters

Go down

tubes for darkside Empty tubes for darkside

Post  Lowie Mon Jun 22, 2009 5:44 am

G,day, im new to this site but have been thinking about ct,s on bikes for a while now.Im from Australia and where i live the roads arent the best,so there is no point having a sports touring tyre and chopping the crap out of it in 6000 kilometers eh,not at $240 a throw,when i can get,ct for half that price that looks twice as good.I have noticed most folk go for tubeless tyres,my bike is a c50 Suzuki with spoked wheels,so ill run a tube,but,do i run a car tube or a bike tube? which ,from your experience is the best.I have only just put new tyres on the bike so it will be about 3 months before i make the change to the darkside,ill run a195/65/15,i think that is as wide as i can go,LOWIE.

Lowie

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2009-06-20

Back to top Go down

tubes for darkside Empty Re: tubes for darkside

Post  twin1300 Mon Jun 22, 2009 8:36 am

G'day mate! Welcome to our site and congrats on you choice to try the darkside! You are going to love it!

We use the same motorcycle tire that you would use on your bike now! Car tire tubes aren't made to fit our rims of the motorcycle tire.

.........................bobby

twin1300
twin1300
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4689
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post  Charlie D Mon Jun 22, 2009 7:15 pm

You could also seal the rim with the 3m 5200 sealant, Wayne has a post on here with instructions

Charlie D

Number of posts : 32
Registration date : 2009-05-05

Back to top Go down

Post  RonK Tue Jun 23, 2009 12:15 am

--
The tire shop just pulled the tube out of my mc tire on spoked wheel, and put it in a radial ct back on my rim. They did it as they didn't have any radial tubes in the right size. I've ridden it over 4,000 miles now without any problem or loss of air. And if I admit so, I'm pretty heavy and am pushing the weight on the bike to its limits when I'm on it solo. Today I rode several hundred miles with an additional 175 lbs. on the pillion seat with no adverse effects or irregular behavior either.

RonK

RonK

Number of posts : 41
Registration date : 2009-02-12

Back to top Go down

tubes for darkside Empty re tube for darkside

Post  Lowie Tue Jun 23, 2009 3:55 am

G'day,again ,ill,illthanks for the info on the tubes,im getting edgy now to try this out ,i dont think ill wait until my back tyre is worn out,ill let you know how it goes,Lowie

Lowie

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2009-06-20

Back to top Go down

tubes for darkside Empty 2001 Shadow ACE 750 spoked wheel

Post  fox9988 Sat Jul 04, 2009 9:22 am

I put the used tube back in that came out of the MT(10,000 miles). Shocked Probably should have forked over the cash for a new one,but its been fine for 600 miles so far.Didn't know there were different tubes for bias/radial tires?

fox9988

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2009-06-09

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down