Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

favorite ride

+2
Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005
jedishon
6 posters

Go down

favorite ride Empty favorite ride

Post  jedishon Tue Jul 15, 2008 9:22 am

What is your favorite type of ride?
I live in a part of Illinois where hills are sometimes hard to find. Riding in nothing but flat land with corn stalks on both sides is boring, but its still riding.
I have never riden in twisties. I have riden in hills with sweeping curves and really enjoy it.
There is a road just outside of Daytona (on the North side) that goes through an area that has the trees over the top of you. Feels like a tunnel, and like you steped back in time. Moss growing every where, and you just know a gator can come out anytime it wants to. Or with enough imagination you can see a dinosoaur busting through the forest. All the while your motor is purring away and the wind is blowing through your hair. Its hard to feel more alive than that. Used to find an reason to ride it every week at least once. Still my favorite.

Jerry
jedishon
jedishon
Super User
Super User

Number of posts : 4436
Registration date : 2007-12-18

Back to top Go down

favorite ride Empty Re: favorite ride

Post  Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005 Tue Jul 15, 2008 7:09 pm

You need to come ride in my world the backroads in east Tennessee western North Carolina are awesome on a motorcycle. I hope the powers that be here will see fit to have get-to-gether in this area.The Blue Ridge Parkway is my favorite ride and we are doin' it again Aug.29 -30 - 31.....Bring It .....LET'S RIDE Smile
favorite ride BlueRidgeRide010
Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005
Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1642
Registration date : 2007-12-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Steve-O Tue Jul 15, 2008 10:01 pm

Any ride is a good ride, but I prefer slow sweeps with hills and lot's of scenary. Talimena has been the best so far, but East Texas, SE Oklahoma and all of Arkansas has good riding.

Pull out a detailed map of your area and go over it well. You may not have to ride 200 miles for some good road....
Steve-O
Steve-O
Moderate user
Moderate user

Number of posts : 1153
Registration date : 2008-02-05

Back to top Go down

Post  pvt93 Wed Jul 16, 2008 4:43 pm

Being from central Oklahoma, most of it is flat. But Eastern/Southeastern Ok is great to ride. We did the Talimena drive a few weeks ago and it was fantastic. I have also gone to Coloradical and that was a great time to be had. I plan to go back to it next year and "Ride the Rockies" again.

pvt93

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2008-01-22

Back to top Go down

Post  Dave97402 Wed Jul 16, 2008 4:52 pm

My favorite rides are on the regular 2 lane highways and back roads around here. Here in Oregon are some of the prettiest and coolest roads I have seen. I am about a hour from the coast, so it is a simple ride to hit one of the many roads heading that way and have a very enjoyable ride without much traffic. Once there riding up and down the coast is very enjoyable as long as you don't get in a hurry all the time. Tourist traffic will slow you down if you try to push it, but just cruise along with everyone else is a good way to go when your on the coast. Lots of side roads to explore!! Pretty much I can go to the canadian border to the mexican border and never hit a freeway, but still travel on mostly main highways! Sweet
Dave97402
Dave97402

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2008-07-14

http://www.eherf.com

Back to top Go down

Post  horseman8m Wed Jul 16, 2008 7:23 pm

jedishon wrote:What is your favorite type of ride?

Jerry

A Tennessee walker.
horseman8m
horseman8m

Number of posts : 1449
Registration date : 2008-02-09

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jul 18, 2008 1:24 pm

I love riding the Blue Ridge! I've done it twice from beginning to end and back again. Some of the best roads were the ones going down off the parkway. We also had a great time getting lost in WV a couple of years ago. We were on some fun roads, but they weren't on the map we had. Greg's great sense of direction helped us find our way back to civilization again. And it was a good thing we had the camping gear with us. Around here, it is flat. But there are some nice roads off the beaten path through some state and federal parks. They have some nice curves to them.

Jerry, the road you mentioned around Daytona must be the one I've been on. If I'm not in a big hurry get somewhere after I leave the clubhouse, I go out of my way to ride that one. Cool

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down