Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Riding on the 205

5 posters

Go down

Riding on the 205 Empty Riding on the 205

Post  Rooster Jr. Tue Jul 01, 2008 11:47 pm

Got my license plate bracket modded tonite and then put the rim and tire back on tonite and then went for a little ride around town, and just felt different, the first couple corners and turning were different but after a couple of them I didn't even notice it anymore, feels like a softer ride. Really noticed coming up to the stop sign alot easier to sit there with the bike, you don't feel the wobble side to side with the wider tire on. I'm likin' it so far. Can't wait for my trip out to Missoula Mt and up to flathead lake and through Glacier Park, gotta hit Road to the Sun, then over to Great Falls and then back home. Will be a 4 day trip of just riding by myself, right at 1500 miles total. First day will be the longerst at 550 miles, but I'm looking forward to it. So if anybody knows of someplace I need to stop and check out, or a place I have to eat at. I know some of us bikers love to eat, I do. Thanks guys for all the valueable info and help with me going to the Darkside.
Rooster Jr.
Rooster Jr.

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2008-06-26

Back to top Go down

Riding on the 205 Empty Re: Riding on the 205

Post  jedishon Wed Jul 02, 2008 6:58 am

Glad your liking it so far....Be sure to let us know how it does on your trip....Does Montana still have that $5 fine for wasting natural resources(speeding) ((Got caught at 120 just before Mazoula))? Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
Have a safe trip.

Jerry
jedishon
jedishon
Super User
Super User

Number of posts : 4436
Registration date : 2007-12-18

Back to top Go down

Post  grizak Wed Jul 02, 2008 3:48 pm

Rooster Jr. wrote:Got my license plate bracket modded tonite and then put the rim and tire back on tonite and then went for a little ride around town, and just felt different, the first couple corners and turning were different but after a couple of them I didn't even notice it anymore, feels like a softer ride. Really noticed coming up to the stop sign alot easier to sit there with the bike, you don't feel the wobble side to side with the wider tire on. I'm likin' it so far. Can't wait for my trip out to Missoula Mt and up to flathead lake and through Glacier Park, gotta hit Road to the Sun, then over to Great Falls and then back home. Will be a 4 day trip of just riding by myself, right at 1500 miles total. First day will be the longerst at 550 miles, but I'm looking forward to it. So if anybody knows of someplace I need to stop and check out, or a place I have to eat at. I know some of us bikers love to eat, I do. Thanks guys for all the valueable info and help with me going to the Darkside.

Sounds like a great trip you have planed there. definitely do the going to the sun road. and if you have time go on up right across the border into Canada and see the other half of glacier park. I think they call it Waterton park. It has been quite a few years sense I have been there. but the scenery is awesome. there was a German style restaurant in Waterton park cant remember the name. but the food was good. pricey but good. words to the wise. when I was in Montana in 1990. gas stations were few and far between. so if you see a station stop and fill up. What a Face good luck and have fun..... Very Happy
grizak
grizak

Number of posts : 173
Registration date : 2007-12-16

Back to top Go down

Post  twin1300 Wed Jul 02, 2008 4:03 pm

RoosterJr,

Thanks for the compliments to our site and guys and girls here! They are the BEST! We demand pics of the trip also? Have a good time and see you when you get back!

Yes, it is a ton smoother ride.....two up makes it even ride better than that, if you can believe it. Congrats on your darkside and welcome to the group! You might need to play with the tire pressure to get the feel you want, but you are going to love the car tire. Please write a review for us when you get back also of your impressions of the darkside?

.......................bobby

twin1300
twin1300
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4689
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post  Badmoon Wed Jul 02, 2008 5:20 pm

Hay brother.
What an awsome trip. I dont often get to get a ride like that in. Working and such. I call them mental theropy rides and I am on the verge of needing some theropy now. Ride safe and take some pics.

Oh by the way. Im a member of the big goat club too. Sweet. Dont forget to tie that bad boy up, It'll whoop the crap outta ya. I am sure you know.

Peace
Moon
Badmoon
Badmoon

Number of posts : 1699
Location : Swanpland (Gods Country) It is my horns that hold up my halo.
Registration date : 2007-12-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down