Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I`m convinced

+3
twin1300
jedishon
kobascle
7 posters

Go down

I`m convinced Empty I`m convinced

Post  kobascle Thu Apr 15, 2010 11:34 pm

I DID IT.. I went to the darkside. I went to my local Discount Tire store and scored a used but marked for resale. It`s warranteed. BRAVURIS2 195/60-15 fOR $15.00 Had friend let me use his tire machine to unmount the old a mount the new $0.00 The new tire is like a 200 series mc tire in width and a little shorter in hieght. Removal of tire from bike was done with hand tools. Total progect time 3 hrs. I test rode my 1300 C on the highway and some curvy country roads. I HAVE NOTHING NEGATIVE TO REPORT. It handles great. I feel a little tread vibration but it`s barely noticeable. On the plus side.. When I used to down shift fast and hard my back tire would slide, no squeel. and I would get that all to familiar drive shaft butt wiggle. Those days are gone. Now when it hits 1st it lets out a big chirp and stops straight as an arrow. I`LL NEVER MOUNT AN MC TIRE ON THE BACK OF IT AGAIN. As far as I`m concerned anybody that owns a cruiser and isn`t running a car tire on the back is spending money on replacing rear tires needlessly. Don`t let anybody who hasn`t tried it convince you it`s a bad idea. Spend small change on a good used tire, turn some wrenches and find out for yourself. If and when I ever need to replce mine I`ll spend the money on a new tire. You can buy one for $60.00 It`s a helluva deal and the ride is xcellant..
I`ll post some pics soon

Put a new 110/90-19 On the front 4/27/2010, Damn it`s like my bike is glued to the road.. I LOVE IT, and I`m telling everybody[img][/img]

Last edited by kobascle on Thu Apr 29, 2010 11:09 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : added to previous quotes)
kobascle
kobascle

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2010-04-15

http://www.silverpics.net

Back to top Go down

I`m convinced Empty Re: I`m convinced

Post  jedishon Fri Apr 16, 2010 6:56 am

Welcome to the site and the darkside. One question, "what took you so long?"

jerry
jedishon
jedishon
Super User
Super User

Number of posts : 4436
Registration date : 2007-12-18

Back to top Go down

Post  kobascle Fri Apr 16, 2010 7:34 am

I only learned it could be done 3 days ago.
kobascle
kobascle

Back to top Go down

Post  twin1300 Fri Apr 16, 2010 8:31 am

Wow....you are going to fit in well here! Thanks for the report and if you think it does great things now, just wait until you have to ride it in the rain!!!!!!!

If you can get all this in 3 days, it's taken other years to make the jump!!! Laughing Welcome to our site and make yourself at home!

Darkside Rulz!......................bobby

twin1300
twin1300
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4689
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post  Badmoon Fri Apr 16, 2010 9:27 am

Wow, talk about jumpin in with both feet.
Welcome to the Darkside. I agree with you 100%. Foolish to keep a MT on the back of a cruser bike. Like Bobby said, wait till you get it in the rain. The tire is awsome there. Lets see some pics of the bike.

Peace
Moon
Badmoon
Badmoon

Number of posts : 1699
Location : Swanpland (Gods Country) It is my horns that hold up my halo.
Registration date : 2007-12-20

Back to top Go down

I`m convinced Empty pics

Post  kobascle Fri Apr 16, 2010 10:34 am

I posted some just a little while ago
kobascle
kobascle

Back to top Go down

Post  jedishon Fri Apr 16, 2010 6:50 pm

kobascle wrote:I only learned it could be done 3 days ago.

Cool. Great job.

Jerry
jedishon
jedishon
Super User
Super User

Number of posts : 4436
Registration date : 2007-12-18

Back to top Go down

Post  magsemail Wed May 05, 2010 12:03 am

Very cool for you. I got mine April 10, 2010 (Michelin Hydro Edge Green) 195/65R15, 89T and LOVE IT!!! As stated by others, I WILL NEVER GO BACK TO MOTORCYCLE TIRE ON BACK EVERRRRRRR - I SWEAR!!!

I put Metzeler ME 880 Marathon on front. I have 42 lbs. in front, and 41 in back. I carry a bit of weight on my bike, so this works for me. What do you think? Too high of pressure? I don't want to ruin the tire starting out this early. Only put about 130 miles on tires so far. Not been in rain just yet, but can't wait to see how it handles. I actually have the same tires (but bigger) on my SUV and love them.

Everyone I come in contact with, I make sure they take a look at my tire, and we talk about them coming over to the darkside. Unfortunately, the mechanic I took my bike to, won't put another tire on the bike. Apparently, my 8-1/4" inch tire compared to the 7" fender, had him putting overtime in his garage at home a lot longer than he wanted to put in. Also he had to call over his son to help him wrangle the tire on the bike. He was advised to put the tire on the rim, fill it to make sure it held air, and then deflate it and then put the tire on. He was not a happy camper in that it took him an hour to put the tire on the bike (the two of them)!! He stated that that was the last time he was doing that. BUMMER. The guy is really nice, good, reliable, and cheaper than dealership. DID AN OUTSTANDING JOB.

I too, could have gotten Discount Tire to match the price that I got (tire, plus shipping & handling), but it took them too long. If you're not in a super hurry, check them out when buying.

Will post pictures soon. Update: 5/15/10 Here is the link to pictures of my bike: https://s33.photobucket.com/albums/d96/magsemail/2004%20Honda%20VTX%201300C%20May%202010/?action=view&current=P1010055.jpg
magsemail
magsemail

Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2010-03-22

Back to top Go down

I`m convinced Empty Riding in the rain

Post  kobascle Wed Jul 07, 2010 12:43 am

Damn you guys were absolutely right on. Finally got stuck riding in the rain. The 195/60-15 on the back of my VTX 1300 C Performed better than any MC tire ever did. Once again I AM MORE THAN CONVINCED. I`ll never run an MC tire again. Thankyou so very much. I love riding on the Darkside
kobascle
kobascle

Back to top Go down

Post  twin1300 Wed Jul 07, 2010 9:29 am

kobascle wrote:Damn you guys were absolutely right on. Finally got stuck riding in the rain. The 195/60-15 on the back of my VTX 1300 C Performed better than any MC tire ever did. Once again I AM MORE THAN CONVINCED. I`ll never run an MC tire again. Thankyou so very much. I love riding on the Darkside

+1...........glad you are more than satisfied!

.................bobby
twin1300
twin1300
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4689
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post  quadancer Wed Jul 07, 2010 2:32 pm

magsemail wrote: Unfortunately, the mechanic I took my bike to, won't put another tire on the bike. Apparently, my 8-1/4" inch tire compared to the 7" fender, had him putting overtime in his garage at home a lot longer than he wanted to put in. Also he had to call over his son to help him wrangle the tire on the bike. He was advised to put the tire on the rim, fill it to make sure it held air, and then deflate it and then put the tire on. He was not a happy camper in that it took him an hour to put the tire on the bike (the two of them)!! He stated that that was the last time he was doing that. BUMMER. The guy is really nice, good, reliable, and cheaper than dealership. DID AN OUTSTANDING JOB.
Evidently you didn't tip him for the overtime. I plan to do so if my tire tech has ANY problems at all, and will be happy to do more of them. These guys are sort of rare right now and we have to take care of them. It's not like we're not saving a bunch of money already.
I'll give a good dollar a cussword if'n I have to.
quadancer
quadancer

Number of posts : 1245
Registration date : 2010-05-02

Back to top Go down

Post  nodakbassmaster Thu Jul 08, 2010 2:26 am

twin1300 wrote:Wow....you are going to fit in well here! Thanks for the report and if you think it does great things now, just wait until you have to ride it in the rain!!!!!!!

If you can get all this in 3 days, it's taken other years to make the jump!!! Laughing Welcome to our site and make yourself at home!

Darkside Rulz!......................bobby

Exactly! Laughing Cool
nodakbassmaster
nodakbassmaster
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1604
Registration date : 2007-12-15

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content