Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kermit, you are not alone anymore

5 posters

Go down

Kermit, you are not alone anymore Empty Kermit, you are not alone anymore

Post  Canon Sue Thu Jun 26, 2008 2:00 pm

Hi Friends:
From another thread I learned that Kermit was the only women darksider on this forum. I have now joined the ranks with a Kelly Arizonian 165r15 tire on my 2006 1300R. (No pics yet and I have only ridden it a couple miles, so no report yet.)

However, I will report in tonight. My commute is 25 miles each way with city, highway, and then twisty mountain roads. I expect that I will probably be riding in the rain as well today.

-Sue

Canon Sue

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2008-06-18

http://amsoil.mountainprayer.org/

Back to top Go down

Kermit, you are not alone anymore Empty Re: Kermit, you are not alone anymore

Post  twin1300 Thu Jun 26, 2008 3:05 pm

Canon Sue wrote:Hi Friends:
From another thread I learned that Kermit was the only women darksider on this forum. I have now joined the ranks with a Kelly Arizonian 165r15 tire on my 2006 1300R. (No pics yet and I have only ridden it a couple miles, so no report yet.)

However, I will report in tonight. My commute is 25 miles each way with city, highway, and then twisty mountain roads. I expect that I will probably be riding in the rain as well today.

-Sue

Awesome Canon Sue! Great to have another lady Darksider and can't wait till you report how it rides and see your pics. The 165 loves the twisties and the rain and will stick like glue! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

....................bobby

twin1300
twin1300
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4689
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post  grizak Thu Jun 26, 2008 3:48 pm

Canon Sue wrote:Hi Friends:

-Sue
Welcome Canon Sue Very Happy I think you will really enjoy the Darkside. Very Happy be Careful in the rain. Until you get the mold release worn off. you might try a burn out in the sand. or just put a couple hundred miles on it. then it will really stick on the mountain curves.. Good luck and again Welcome.. What a Face
grizak
grizak

Number of posts : 173
Registration date : 2007-12-16

Back to top Go down

Post  kermit Thu Jun 26, 2008 5:58 pm

Welcome aboard Canon Sue. You're going to love the darkside. It tends to get alot of attention out there and sticks like glue. Very Happy
kermit
kermit

Number of posts : 389
Registration date : 2008-01-14

Back to top Go down

Post  jedishon Thu Jun 26, 2008 6:24 pm

The lady's are coming, the lady's are coming......the more the merrier.....
report when you get a few hundred miles on it please.....
Good to see you found a place to mount it.

Jerry
jedishon
jedishon
Super User
Super User

Number of posts : 4436
Registration date : 2007-12-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Canon Sue Fri Jun 27, 2008 7:36 am

So far, so good. It does stick better in the turns. However, I think any tire would be better than my stock and slick dunlop. At this point, I don't feel any real difference in how the bike rides and turns. I know that there was one gentleman who went back to a motorcycle tire afer a few weeks with a CT because he said that the experience wIth the ride was "different". Perhaps with a wider CT I would feel it more.

I was able to try it out in a few construction zones with grooved pavement and loose gravel. It was good and stable or at least as stable as you can be with grooved pavement. I lucked out and no rain yet. I will take it for a 250 mile spin up to Steamboat Springs this weekend, so that should give it a good test.

-Sue

Canon Sue

Back to top Go down

Post  kermit Fri Jun 27, 2008 8:39 am

After putting around 8000 miles on mine, I love it. I've ridden my husbands 205 and I'm not sure I notice that much of a difference other than the height of the bike. I've had to hit my rear brake pretty hard in the recent past and the tire sticks like glue. It leaves smoke, mind you, but it sticks. Also, I took a corner yesterday in loose gravel pretty fast and I know I would have gone down if I'd been on a mc tire. I know this, because I've gone down in less on a mc tire. Bike popped right back up at the end of the curve. Also, after about a week of riding this tire we got a nail and had to plug it. I wouldn't dare even attempt that with a mc tire. As I said, 8000 miles later, no problems. Very Happy
kermit
kermit

Number of posts : 389
Registration date : 2008-01-14

Back to top Go down

Post  Canon Sue Fri Jun 27, 2008 11:15 am

I woke up this morning with just a bit soreness around my ribcage. I could not figure out what I did yesterday that would use different muscles. Then it came to me, my body knows that I needed to do a bit more countersteering with the new CT even if my brain did not detect any difference.

-Sue

Canon Sue

Back to top Go down

Post  twin1300 Fri Jun 27, 2008 11:22 am

Canon Sue wrote:I woke up this morning with just a bit soreness around my ribcage. I could not figure out what I did yesterday that would use different muscles. Then it came to me, my body knows that I needed to do a bit more countersteering with the new CT even if my brain did not detect any difference.

-Sue

That's a true statement Canon Sue....... Very Happy The darkside does require a tad bit more countersteer compared to the ton more of extra grip you get is worth it! It makes you a better rider also being a darksider.

Plus after a couple hundred miles you will not even notice anything anymore from riding it. The only time I noticed a little arm strain is when we road 12hrs. straight in the mountains around Mena on our darkside rally in April or it was opening ALL of those empty boxes in my room from all over the US, I am not sure which one it was......hehehehehehe. It's a long story Canon Sue, just accept it.... Laughing Laughing Laughing

..................bobby

twin1300
twin1300
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4689
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post  jedishon Fri Jun 27, 2008 1:00 pm

twin1300 wrote:
Canon Sue wrote:I woke up this morning with just a bit soreness around my ribcage. I could not figure out what I did yesterday that would use different muscles. Then it came to me, my body knows that I needed to do a bit more countersteering with the new CT even if my brain did not detect any difference.

-Sue

That's a true statement Canon Sue....... Very Happy The darkside does require a tad bit more countersteer compared to the ton more of extra grip you get is worth it! It makes you a better rider also being a darksider.

Plus after a couple hundred miles you will not even notice anything anymore from riding it. The only time I noticed a little arm strain is when we road 12hrs. straight in the mountains around Mena on our darkside rally in April or it was opening ALL of those empty boxes in my room from all over the US, I am not sure which one it was......hehehehehehe. It's a long story Canon Sue, just accept it.... Laughing Laughing Laughing

..................bobby

Yes.....you get back what you give around here...... Laughing Laughing Laughing

Jerry
jedishon
jedishon
Super User
Super User

Number of posts : 4436
Registration date : 2007-12-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content