Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How to pick up a fallen bike

+2
kermit
Biddy
6 posters

Go down

How to pick up a fallen bike Empty How to pick up a fallen bike

Post  Biddy Wed Dec 26, 2007 10:00 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPjYweKeiLk

Biddy
Biddy
Biddy
Moderate user
Moderate user

Number of posts : 50
Registration date : 2007-12-17

Back to top Go down

How to pick up a fallen bike Empty Re: How to pick up a fallen bike

Post  kermit Mon Jan 14, 2008 12:03 pm

That's the method I use and it works great. Never thought of the lying on the ground part though.
kermit
kermit

Number of posts : 389
Registration date : 2008-01-14

Back to top Go down

Post  twin1300 Fri Jan 18, 2008 10:17 am

kermit wrote:That's the method I use and it works great. Never thought of the lying on the ground part though.

Kermit,

It's always the kind of surprise to be laying on the ground and adrenaline helps picking up the bike too! It happen twice to me. The surprise and adrenaline............ Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Here was the second one. It was back over in a parking lot....this is how I walked out of the front doors and found it.

How to pick up a fallen bike 6849img049-med

.....................bobby

twin1300
twin1300
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4689
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post  DocRawk Fri Jan 18, 2008 10:42 am

twin1300 wrote:
kermit wrote:That's the method I use and it works great. Never thought of the lying on the ground part though.

Kermit,

It's always the kind of surprise to be laying on the ground and adrenaline helps picking up the bike too! It happen twice to me. The surprise and adrenaline............ Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Here was the second one. It was back over in a parking lot....this is how I walked out of the front doors and found it.

How to pick up a fallen bike 6849img049-med

.....................bobby

Did the jackass even leave a note or anything??? Dealing with peoples inconsiderate attitudes towards each other hasn't improved my love for my fellow man too much...I mean, I'm courteous and all, but, the longer I ride, the more distance I tend to keep from cagers in most aspects of life, not just the road...Everyone's in such a damn hurry, they'll endanger your life if it'll save them 30 seconds en route to their destination. I even got pretty pissy with my girlfriend a few times when we started dating. I'd see her change lanes without a head check and tell her, "You just killed me...thanks." She didn't like that too much. Only took two or three times before it sunk in for her that she really could have just killed a biker...
DocRawk
DocRawk

Number of posts : 118
Registration date : 2007-12-18

Back to top Go down

Post  twin1300 Fri Jan 18, 2008 10:54 am

Doc,

Yes, they stayed because it was a company that we housed. Plus, he was an employee that worked for 1800VTwin on this forum. Shocked What's the odds, right! The guy who ran over it was a stand up guy and admitted to it, but the evidence was obvious..........hehehehehehe Every thing was covered and replaced.

The killer is.... I parked closest to the front doors...maybe 4 feet to be safe and the other motorcycles that were furtherest away didn't get touched....... Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

......................bobby

twin1300
twin1300
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4689
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post  DocRawk Fri Jan 18, 2008 11:26 am

twin1300 wrote:Doc,

Yes, they stayed because it was a company that we housed. Plus, he was an employee that worked for 1800VTwin on this forum. Shocked What's the odds, right! The guy who ran over it was a stand up guy and admitted to it, but the evidence was obvious..........hehehehehehe Every thing was covered and replaced.

The killer is.... I parked closest to the front doors...maybe 4 feet to be safe and the other motorcycles that were furtherest away didn't get touched....... Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

......................bobby

All's well that end's well Very Happy Glad it was taken care of properly. My mother is an independent auto claims adjuster. She doesn't work for any insurance company directly, so she sees things pretty objectively. You'd be surprised by some of the crap she's told me. People that a chimpanzee could judge to be at fault trying to blame it on the other driver. Stuff like people rear ending someone at a traffic light and telling the officer that the person that they hit backed into them. Evil or Very Mad
DocRawk
DocRawk

Number of posts : 118
Registration date : 2007-12-18

Back to top Go down

Post  DarkFury Fri Jan 18, 2008 11:58 pm

When my guy called me to tell me that he had backed over Twin's bike i asked him if he was trying to pull a bad joke. When he said he was serious, I damn near fired him on the spot!!!! But, he was honest, did not try to hide anything and is a good worker who just made a bad decision to not look in his side mirror when backing up. He has now been well trained on were to park the company truck and how to properly back it up. Twisted Evil

And to make matters worse, the other bike that was knocked over in the picture belonged to my other friend EJ. My guy took out both bikes of my friends. I wasn't feeling no love for him for a while. No
DarkFury
DarkFury

Number of posts : 47
Registration date : 2007-12-19

Back to top Go down

Post  Muntz Sat Jan 19, 2008 12:44 am

1800VTwin wrote:When my guy called me to tell me that he had backed over Twin's bike i asked him if he was trying to pull a bad joke. When he said he was serious, I damn near fired him on the spot!!!! But, he was honest, did not try to hide anything and is a good worker who just made a bad decision to not look in his side mirror when backing up. He has now been well trained on were to park the company truck and how to properly back it up. Twisted Evil

And to make matters worse, the other bike that was knocked over in the picture belonged to my other friend EJ. My guy took out both bikes of my friends. I wasn't feeling no love for him for a while. No

Godd thing he didnt get your bike too. Geez, a 2 for 1 special that day. Shocked
Muntz
Muntz
Uber User
Uber User

Number of posts : 1907
Registration date : 2007-12-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down