Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Going to pick up my new tire today...

4 posters

Go down

Going to pick up my new tire today... Empty Going to pick up my new tire today...

Post  TheWatcher Wed Aug 18, 2010 12:33 pm

Well, I just got a call from a friend of mine at Discount Tire, my new Michelin HE is in as of this AM.

He said the manufacture date on it is May 2010, I was worried about that, but I guess it is pretty new. Very Happy

I have all of the other components ready to go, New Valve Stem, Dyna Beads, Complete Bearing Set (Doing the Showtime56 Flange Mods), and a brand new set of Drive Dampeners.

I got just about 28K out of my last Michelin and just replaced my third front tire about 2k ago.

Just Diggin the Darkside!!!! cheers

TheWatcher

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2009-10-19

Back to top Go down

Going to pick up my new tire today... Empty Re: Going to pick up my new tire today...

Post  twin1300 Wed Aug 18, 2010 12:37 pm

Yep...we feel the same way! wooohoooo!

I am on my 3 front tire and still have same darkside on the rear! Aint that cool!!!

..................bobby
twin1300
twin1300
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4689
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down

Going to pick up my new tire today... Empty Re: Going to pick up my new tire today...

Post  jedishon Wed Aug 18, 2010 4:29 pm

TheWatcher wrote:Well, I just got a call from a friend of mine at Discount Tire, my new Michelin HE is in as of this AM.

He said the manufacture date on it is May 2010, I was worried about that, but I guess it is pretty new. Very Happy

I have all of the other components ready to go, New Valve Stem, Dyna Beads, Complete Bearing Set (Doing the Showtime56 Flange Mods), and a brand new set of Drive Dampeners.

I got just about 28K out of my last Michelin and just replaced my third front tire about 2k ago.

Sounds like you'll be all set to go when riding season gets here. Give me a shout if you need anything.

Jerry
jedishon
jedishon
Super User
Super User

Number of posts : 4436
Registration date : 2007-12-18

Back to top Go down

Post  TheWatcher Thu Aug 19, 2010 7:40 am

jedishon wrote:
TheWatcher wrote:Well, I just got a call from a friend of mine at Discount Tire, my new Michelin HE is in as of this AM.

Sounds like you'll be all set to go when riding season gets here. Give me a shout if you need anything.

Jerry

Thanks Jerry,

I did go and pickup my tire, I compaired it to the one I have on there now and WOW the tread depth is deep on that new one.

By the way, and this is for all the Darksiders in our area (A shameless plug) the person and location of the Discount Tire that I delt with, his name is Miles (Store Manager), you can contact him at 281-564-7176 he is located at 9380 W Sam Houston Pk 100 on between Beachnut and Bissonnet (He is aware of us Darksiders and does not have a problem in ordering tires in to get the newest ones, but he does not do any mounting) The one that I got is only 3 months old and is perfect.

He matches the prices from the internet tire places and can give you a pretty good deal, he will also cover your cages with great deals also (Not sure if he will ship anywhere, just local pick-ups probably)

I'm also going to try a new method of breaking the bead of my old tire using a vacuum pump, I will let you know of the results.

I have an old friend that owns his own machine shop in Brookshire, Tx that will be doing the re-machining of my Flange Bearing components for the ShowTime56 modification, i will also let you know how that works out.

Regards

TheWatcher

Back to top Go down

Post  quadancer Thu Aug 19, 2010 7:59 am

Vacuum pump! I never thoughta that!
quadancer
quadancer

Number of posts : 1245
Registration date : 2010-05-02

Back to top Go down

Post  jedishon Thu Aug 19, 2010 8:21 am

Just a heads up. T%he discount tire by Katy mills mall will mount the tire. They mounted mine for $10 or $15 I can't remember.

Jerry
jedishon
jedishon
Super User
Super User

Back to top Go down

Post  TheWatcher Thu Aug 19, 2010 9:43 am

jedishon wrote:Just a heads up. T%he discount tire by Katy mills mall will mount the tire. They mounted mine for $10 or $15 I can't remember.

Jerry

I prefer to do my own Mounting and Dis-Mounting, if they screw up your rim they will not buy you a new one like a normal car rim.

Thats the only problem I have ever had, when I have to have a MC tire removed to put on the CT I go to Wild West (I know your favorite place to go lol! Not)

Otherwise normally a CT will go on pretty easy on a bare rim for our VTX's.

Gunna do mine Friday.

Regards

TheWatcher

Back to top Go down

Post  TheWatcher Mon Aug 23, 2010 9:28 am

Hey Jerry,

Got the new tire on Friday, I think that the vaccume pump thing would have worked but just as it started to draw a good vaccume the plastic coupling on my pump gave out, so I used our Honda CRV and ran over the side of the tire, it let loose from its bead with no problems.

I had 28000 miles on it and rather than trying to pry the old tire off I just cut the tire beads on both sides using a bolt cutter and cut thru the sidewall and tread with a Sawsall, it was nice to see how thick the tread was even at the thinnest tread depth. I could have run that old tire for about another 5-10K but it would have been bald.

The new one slipped right on and all the other work I completed same day.

Rode it this AM to work 20 Miles and scrubbed it in on I-10, runs great!!!!.

TheWatcher

Back to top Go down

Post  jedishon Mon Aug 23, 2010 10:00 am

Glad you got it done. To hot for me to ride. I can't do 100+ temperatures unless its raining.

Jerry
jedishon
jedishon
Super User
Super User

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down