Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ride The Blue Ridge Parkway next weekend...13th,14th,15th

Go down

Ride The Blue Ridge Parkway next weekend...13th,14th,15th Empty Ride The Blue Ridge Parkway next weekend...13th,14th,15th

Post  Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005 Sun Jun 08, 2008 9:19 am

T-Bird and I are headin' out of the Knoxville ,Tennessee area friday morning the 13th.We plan to take the super slabs ( I-40 , I-81 , I-64 )to the Staunton / Waynesboro , Virginia area.This will be somewhat of a scouting trip for The Blue Ride Parkway ride we have planned for the Labor Day Weekend August 29,30,31. I was told one price ( $55.00 double )for the Days Inn in Waynesboro that weekend and then got a call it would be ( $80.00 double )so basically I'm on the hunt to nail down a price somewhere in this area for a decent place to start the Labor Day Weekend Ride.Also if anyone has information on a decent motel in the Sparta / Glendale Springs area ( restaurant's , park at your door ) please let me know.I know a few has already made reservations for the Labor Day Weekend Ride Aug.29-30....Please call and " CANCEL " both nights I'll be finding us a better place to stay for both nights. If anyone wants to hook up and ride the entire Blue Ridge Parkway next weekend ( mile marker #1 to mile marker # 469 ) let me know and ....Bring It...LET'S RIDE Smile

Ride The Blue Ridge Parkway next weekend...13th,14th,15th MemorialWeekendRide013-1
Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005
Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1642
Registration date : 2007-12-17

Back to top Go down

Ride The Blue Ridge Parkway next weekend...13th,14th,15th Empty Rollin' out this morning...The Blue Ridge Parkway

Post  Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005 Fri Jun 13, 2008 6:34 am

Plans are made so I'm rollin' in the morning for a solo ride down the entire Blue Ridge Parkway. Plan to take the super slabs I-40 / I-81 / I-64 to Waynesboro , Va. and spend the night then hit The Blue Ridge Parkway first thing Saturday morning. This ride is mainly to check out some motels for the Labor Day weekend ride down the BRP ( and I could just use a long mountain ride to clear my head ) . I'll be on "BADMOJO" if anyones around Waynesboro or on the Parkway saturday and sunday look me up.More than likley make West Jefferson , NC for the saturday night lay-over. Normandog hooked me up with a motel in this area and I'm going to check it out . This will be close to a 1,100 mile ride.....If you're in the hood...Bring It...LET'S RIDE Smile

Ride The Blue Ridge Parkway next weekend...13th,14th,15th Sexy2
Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005
Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1642
Registration date : 2007-12-17

Back to top Go down

Ride The Blue Ridge Parkway next weekend...13th,14th,15th Empty Re: Ride The Blue Ridge Parkway next weekend...13th,14th,15th

Post  Guest Fri Jun 13, 2008 4:00 pm

On 250 in Waynesboro, there are a couple of old ma & pa type hotels that should be in the right price range. There's a variety of restaurants very close to there. My Mom lives in Waynesboro so I've been there many times. I'd love to do the parkway run, but my traveling anywhere is out of the question now.

Back to top Go down

Ride The Blue Ridge Parkway next weekend...13th,14th,15th Empty Re: Ride The Blue Ridge Parkway next weekend...13th,14th,15th

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down