Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

darkside question

5 posters

Go down

darkside question Empty darkside question

Post  89centHugo Thu May 22, 2008 11:03 am

Hello everyone,

My names Dan, I have a 99 Honda Shadow VLX 600. I found out about this site from some other forum. And at first I was like these people are crazy....then I actually READ quite a bit of posts and my opinion turned to in to (not so crazy). Anyways i thought i came across a post of someone asking about going to the Darkside on a vlx 600, but when i do a search i come up with nothing. Is it possible to go to the darkside?

Thanks,
Dan S

89centHugo

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2008-05-22

Back to top Go down

darkside question Empty Re: darkside question

Post  twin1300 Thu May 22, 2008 11:11 am

89centHugo wrote:Hello everyone,

My names Dan, I have a 99 Honda Shadow VLX 600. I found out about this site from some other forum. And at first I was like these people are crazy....then I actually READ quite a bit of posts and my opinion turned to in to (not so crazy). Anyways i thought i came across a post of someone asking about going to the Darkside on a vlx 600, but when i do a search i come up with nothing. Is it possible to go to the darkside?

Thanks,
Dan S

First of all.....thanks for coming by Dan. Welcome to the site. Secondly our search engine has some issues and a lot to be desired, sorry about that....but it's a FREE site........... Very Happy Can't complain too much!

I think your tire that fits a VLX600 will be the 165R16 or 165/80/15 depending on what brand you buy to how they list it. It's the same tire. Do us a favor, just to be sure we are correct in this advice. Tell what the original tire size is on your 600????????????

The 165 is the bomb as far as car tires go. I had one on my 1300 and talk about handle any thing the roads or mother nature could throw at it and never bat an eye to ever slipping on you. So, I do recommend the tire, now we have find out if it's your size.

..............bobby

twin1300
twin1300
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4689
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post  twin1300 Thu May 22, 2008 11:15 am

Dan,

If you haven't read any of our stickies this is a good one to catch you up to date and make you more informed about your decision and show you..."we aren't crazy"........ Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Wacked maybe, but NOT crazy!

Here's the link!
https://mcdarksiders.forumotion.com/general-discussion-f6/not-a-stupid-questionwhy-a-car-tire-t396.htm

..............bobby

twin1300
twin1300
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  smokey2255 Thu May 22, 2008 11:21 am

Dan

Most of awhat Twin wrote is right except the typo
Should be 165r15 or 165/80/15

There is a guy on a 600 running darkside. We screwed up and didn't get yall your ow catagory going when he did the mod. My bad on that one.
Hopefully someone has that thread bookmarked and will post the link. As soon as they do I will start yall your own catagory so you have a place to store and compile data and trade like stories.

Again sorry for droppng the dime on this.

You are right though , we are all cazy and are all gonna die in a ball of flames. Just ask any of the thousands of naysayers that have never tried it nor seen a cartire in action. They flame us all the time. Usually all it takes is one ride behind one of us that ride em hard to change their tune. Laughing

See you out there
Smokey
smokey2255
smokey2255
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2451

Back to top Go down

Post  gstanfield Thu May 22, 2008 11:23 am

Any tire that works on the VTX1300C should work on the VLX as long as the chain doesn't get in the way. They take the same factory tire. The smaller 165 would be great for it though as the lighter weight and smaller diameter will help the little X out in the power department some.

George
gstanfield
gstanfield
Super User
Super User

Number of posts : 583
Registration date : 2007-12-15

Back to top Go down

Post  89centHugo Thu May 22, 2008 12:41 pm

Thanks for the quick replies, I bought my shadow about two months ago 99 Honda Shadow vlx deluxe, with 18,000 miles on it, for $1000. Its my first mc, and scheduled to take mc safety class. May 31.
I will get the tire info tonight, just to double check the original mc tire size. Btw...its fine that the search function is a little crazy...just didn't want people to start saying "Use the Search button" Shocked
Another question, again i believe i read it some where, about spoked rims.

comments appreciated,
Dan

89centHugo

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2008-05-22

Back to top Go down

Post  twin1300 Thu May 22, 2008 12:51 pm

89centHugo wrote:Thanks for the quick replies, I bought my shadow about two months ago 99 Honda Shadow vlx deluxe, with 18,000 miles on it, for $1000. Its my first mc, and scheduled to take mc safety class. May 31.
I will get the tire info tonight, just to double check the original mc tire size. Btw...its fine that the search function is a little crazy...just didn't want people to start saying "Use the Search button" Shocked
Another question, again i believe i read it some where, about spoked rims.

comments appreciated,
Dan

You should if you put a 165 on your bike to be able to use the motorcycle tube that fits you stock tire. If you would like another option...on the 1300 tech section of the main page....is any article from "wayne" on sealing your rims for about $25 yourself and go tubeless......... Very Happy

Since you are going to take the MC rider course...I got some advice for you..... Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Can you see this coming fellows. DON'T TELL THEM YOU ARE GOING TO RIDE A CAR TIRE on your bike!!!!!!!!!!! Bwwhahahahahahaha You will be sorry you told them. The abuse will be pretty bad... Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

...................bobby

twin1300
twin1300
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  jedishon Thu May 22, 2008 12:54 pm

here is the link to sealing spoked rims...
https://mcdarksiders.forumotion.com/vtx-1300-tech-f11/sealing-rims-t68.htm?highlight=sealing+spokes

Welcome aboard.....read and enjoy...
keep us posted on how its going.

Jerry
jedishon
jedishon
Super User
Super User

Number of posts : 4436
Registration date : 2007-12-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content