Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Yokohama Avid Ascend NRF 195/60/16

Go down

Yokohama Avid Ascend NRF  195/60/16 Empty Yokohama Avid Ascend NRF 195/60/16

Post  Flyn Tiger Tue Aug 29, 2017 8:10 pm

Hey darksiders! Been awhile since I have posed but I have been gathering info on the Avid Ascend NRF in a 195/60/16. As you have seen in above posts I first ran a Hancook 426 which I got 18,500 miles out of it. This time I went with a better quality tire and here are my results so far.

I currently have 30,000 miles on this tire and still have tread left. I'm guessing I will run 33-35,000 miles on this tire before I deam it time to replace. My air pressure has run 28-30lbs cold and I have nice even wear across the entire tread. My riding style is aggressive, I love the twisties, participate in Precision Lock and Lean riding, ride 2 up maybe 30% of the time and also do alot of cross country riding. There is no wear on the sidewalls as some claim you are doing in the turns and this tire has given me zero problems. I also run Ride On inside the tire to keep it balanced. The tire still remain quiet, no cupping like on a mt, provides great stopping power, supreme wet/dry traction and makes the bike more stable when on gravel roads or driveways. On a scale of 1-10, I give this tire a 10. If you have any questions please ask.

Flyn Tiger

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2013-11-02

Back to top Go down