Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Burgman 650 owners

2 posters

Go down

Burgman 650 owners Empty Burgman 650 owners

Post  dcotop Fri Jul 14, 2017 7:10 am

New to the forum. Long time rider but not once on a CT installed on a bike. Been following the discussion for a few years now. I recently bought a new bike and want to try this to make my own decision. I am looking for any other opinions on what is the best fit and what works the best. Any special tips on installing one of these?

dcotop

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2017-06-02

Back to top Go down

Burgman 650 owners Empty Answer to my question

Post  dcotop Fri Sep 15, 2017 6:14 pm

Hi all, whomever that may be.
I asked some time back about a tire size typically seen in this application. I did get a response on another forum and am pleased to say that I have put a little over a 1000 miles on it in the last week. 165/65 R14 was the answer for me. Fits fine. No issues in the installation, as a matter of fact it went on and seated very easily. About 70ish PSI and it seated all the way around. Works well. I spent a few days in NW Arkansas on some of the twisties and didn't notice anything out of the ordinary.

dcotop

Back to top Go down

Burgman 650 owners Empty An update

Post  dcotop Wed Oct 04, 2017 7:25 am

Here I am over 3K miles on a CT since installation. My impressions are the same as I first thought after my first real ride. It does not have any evil handling characteristics, the tire is wearing well and seems to be doing everything I expected a rear tire to do. There was a slight difference in handling but in truth I have felt more of a difference in other bikes just changing the brand of tires. Once you get the feel of it or as another called it on another forum, your seat/ass interface calibrated you will not notice it when you ride.
It probably ain't for everybody but for me it works well. If you are not inclined to try it for whatever your reason, there is nothing I can say to change your mind. I wanted to see for myself and was willing to invest in the tire and installation to see if it worked. If it would not have been compatible with my bike or my riding style, I would have went back to a regular tire already.

dcotop

Back to top Go down

Burgman 650 owners Empty Re: Burgman 650 owners

Post  Sandspike Wed Nov 01, 2017 9:59 am

Just did a 1800 mile ride to and all around 6 day trip to Big Bend Nat. Park. Awesome sights, awesome twisty mountain roads, and my new Potenza tire performed great and still looks new. Oh i rode witha a buddy that was on a B650/Potenza too. He liked it as well.

Sandspike

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2017-11-01

Back to top Go down

Burgman 650 owners Empty Re: Burgman 650 owners

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down