Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What modifications are needed if i want to go Darkside on the rear?

3 posters

Go down

What modifications are needed if i want to go Darkside on the rear? Empty What modifications are needed if i want to go Darkside on the rear?

Post  riseabove50 Fri Jul 10, 2015 9:23 am

Hey all, I have an 02 VTX 1800C and I want to try Darkside on the rear tire. are there any mods I need to do to make the switch, or just buy a tire, find a shop and slap it on?

also, should I be worried about fender rubbing? I'm 6'6" and 245 so I'm putting some weight on my bike. if my wife rides with me that's another 135lbs on the back. will the tire rub with us both on?

what's the best all around tire that everyone is using? I'm more of a cruiser and not as aggressive on turns, but would like the confidence in my tire if the desire arises to lean in. and where did you get yours - tire shop, online?

I'm in Houston. if anyone here is in the area and can recommend a shop that will make the switch for me I'd appreciate it. and how much should I expect a shop to charge to make the switch?

thanks a ton guys. stay safe.

riseabove50

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2014-07-22

Back to top Go down

What modifications are needed if i want to go Darkside on the rear? Empty Re: What modifications are needed if i want to go Darkside on the rear?

Post  wayne Sun Jul 12, 2015 9:59 am

I dont have a ct on my 18, but on the 13 I havent had to do any mods. I dont think you will on the 18. I think some guys have had to trim bolts and turn pipe bolts around.
As far as tire, you just have to do alot of reading and find the tire you like and will fit.

wayne

Number of posts : 623
Registration date : 2007-12-18

Back to top Go down

What modifications are needed if i want to go Darkside on the rear? Empty Re: What modifications are needed if i want to go Darkside on the rear?

Post  VTX_Thor Mon Jul 13, 2015 5:44 pm

I just put a Toyo Proxes R1R on my 02 C, 205/55-16, stock shocks set on 4, I weigh 220 + wife is 130 and no rubbing issues. thumbup

VTX_Thor
VTX_Thor

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2015-06-12

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down