Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

problems seating tire...

3 posters

Go down

problems seating tire... Empty problems seating tire...

Post  russl Mon Jan 05, 2015 9:15 am

I am taking my Shadow VT1100C to the darkside... I bought a Bridgestone Protenza 195-65 15 for the shadow... I have a spare rear wheel so I am trying to get the Protenza to seat... My local tire shop will put car tires on a blank rim... Letting the tire set out in the sun to warm up,,, then using lots of tire soap, that slimy green stuff, we set the tire on the rim... put 100 lbs of air and the tire slowly expanded and to the rims edge... would not seat... went to 125 lbs and tire still would not seat... We went to 100 lbs,,, caped off the valve off and let it set overnight...
Still cannot get the tire to seat... anyone got any ideas??? the only thing I have not tried is a strap around the tire and pit the air to it...
HELP...

russl

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2015-01-05

Back to top Go down

problems seating tire... Empty Re: problems seating tire...

Post  russl Mon Jan 12, 2015 9:13 am

well thanks for all the replys... I cannot believe that no one has a suggestion or answer...

russl

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2015-01-05

Back to top Go down

problems seating tire... Empty put seating in search on this sight

Post  rossmond Mon Jan 12, 2015 1:55 pm

The 15" rims are a pain,try the search for seating to see what others did,,,this is what i found,,,ps: be careful

Here's the trick!! Set your pressure regulator to about 10psi. Lay the tire/wheel down on it's side. Use a towel or blanket to lay it on to keep from scuffing up your rim. The tire will begin to inflate but you can still break the seal by stepping on the sidewall. If not, lower your psi a little until you can break the seal. You will notice a portion of the tire will hang up under the ridge of the wheel, while the rest will push up farther onto the bead. Step down on the sidewall opposite the side that is "hanging" enough to just slightly break the seal and push the bead into the drop center just a little. This will allow the "hanging" side to push out a little. Keep working your way around the tire until the entire bead is even. None of it should be seated at this point, but rather, slightly pushed down behind the ridge and being held in place by the low pressure supplied. Once it's all nice and even, crank your regulator WAY UP! It might take a couple tries. But you will have much better success with this method rather than the "go or blow" approach
rossmond
rossmond

Number of posts : 32
Registration date : 2014-09-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Doc Tue Jan 13, 2015 2:53 pm

russl wrote:well thanks for all the replys...  I cannot believe that no one has a suggestion or answer...

Search does work...

https://mcdarksiders.forumotion.com/search?search_keywords=seating

Doc
Doc
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1069
Registration date : 2008-04-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down