Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Finally went darkside

2 posters

Go down

Finally went darkside Empty Finally went darkside

Post  Old legend Mon Jun 23, 2014 5:27 am

I ride a 2013 GL1800 Audio Comfort Goldwing. Friday At 14000 miles I finally went darkside. I had a Yokohama Avid Envigor 195/55-16 mounted and put it on. Love it. Took a 50 mile test ride. Then The next day rode 2 up with the wife and put on 300 miles. Bike rode great and was very smooth. Glad I did it. Tire pressure is at 36psi.
Old legend
Old legend

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2012-06-23

Back to top Go down

Finally went darkside Empty Thanx for the info

Post  garyods Mon Jul 07, 2014 6:15 pm

I just got an almost new 08 wing to replace my 02 with 100K on the clock.

I've bought the same Yokohama tire for my ride and hope to have it installed in a few days. Glad to read that you are happy with it

garyods

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2012-04-28

Back to top Go down

Finally went darkside Empty Re: Finally went darkside

Post  Old legend Sun Jul 13, 2014 7:59 pm

Hey Garyods, yes it's a good tire. So far I have a little over 1000 miles on it and it's performed flawlessly. We are taking a trip on it this weekend to Atlanta and I'm sure it will perform well. After this trip I plan on putting a new tire on the front and am really looking at the BT-45 tire for this.
Old legend
Old legend

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2012-06-23

Back to top Go down

Finally went darkside Empty I went with a Bridgestone on the front too

Post  garyods Sun Jul 13, 2014 8:58 pm

The Bridgestone Exedra Max in the stock size on my last bike and the new one I'm having installed tomorrow.  I like stones for front tires.  I now have 6,500 miles on the old one and it's in great shape with no cupping AND for the first time since I started riding a wing I'm running it the suggested 36 psi instead of 40 - 42.

I was apprehensive about going to the darkside but so far the experience has been outstanding, even when riding hard on the twisty mountain roads.

Ride safe and have a good trip to GA

garyods

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2012-04-28

Back to top Go down

Finally went darkside Empty Re: Finally went darkside

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down