Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Double Darkside 06 V2K

2 posters

Go down

Double Darkside 06 V2K Empty Double Darkside 06 V2K

Post  bowman Sun Jun 09, 2013 7:34 pm

I have been riding double darkside on my Vulcan 2000 for several years now. I'm running a 205/55-16 Michelin Pilot Exalto that has 13,000 miles on it now. I have a new Yokohama Avid ready to go on for a long trip out west at the end of July. I have worn the edges down to almost nothing. The Ozarks is an amazing place to ride. My front tire is a Bridgestone Exedra Max 150/80-16 Bias Ply. The tire also has 13,000 miles on it. It is still doing great. The handling is fantastic. It still amazes me how many people tell me you can't run a CT on the back of a bike. I'm hearing a lot of good things about the Michelin Commander II's does anyone have any feedback on these tires on the front. I should add that my front tire is a rear mounted in reverse on the front.

bowman

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2008-06-05

Back to top Go down

Double Darkside 06 V2K Empty Re: Double Darkside 06 V2K

Post  Steammaker Wed Jul 03, 2013 1:57 am

I just took a set of Commanders off of my bike @ 6000 miles. Shocked  There's plenty of tread left but I developed
what I describe as a flat spot in the front. One mechanic said he thought it looked like my sidewall was going
in & out while riding. The rear tire developed ridges on each side of the middle track. And yes, I monitored the
pressure regularly. The 1st. month they were on the bike was great, but after that I was never able to get
satisfied with them, MAINLY the front tire. A few times the front felt like it wanted to wash out in sharp but
not fast turns like @ a light where you caught the green & made a right turn. If that makes any sense. 2cents 
Steammaker
Steammaker

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2013-07-03

Back to top Go down