Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

just got my tire

2 posters

Go down

just got my tire  Empty just got my tire

Post  unimax Tue Sep 18, 2012 4:54 pm

195/55/16 potenza (bridgestone) going on my 09 vision tomorrow! cant wait!
yes

unimax

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2012-09-14

Back to top Go down

just got my tire  Empty OK I am darkside now!

Post  unimax Wed Sep 19, 2012 6:23 pm

just got my tire mounted and balanced. It is different. I haven't done more than 20 miles on it , but one of the first things i noticed was a little added effort to turn. I'm @ 36 lbs for right now ill play with it more when i get time this weekend . I can bring a compressor with me. A big plus was the noticeably smoother ride. (cant wait to get the wife on it). pavement patches no longer exist to my bike now either. The one thing that was a little disconcerting was the tread flex on acceleration while leaning. I have experienced this in cars with new beefy rubber also.Standard M/C tire that comes on this bike has nothing close to the tread on this Bridgestone Potenza. In fairness to this tire I have not found the air pressure sweet spot yet. Looking forward to posting again soon. Very Happy P.S. as soon as I figure it out I'll post pics.

unimax

Back to top Go down

just got my tire  Empty Re: just got my tire

Post  jedishon Thu Sep 20, 2012 7:04 am

A couple pounds can make a big difference. Enjoy the ride.
There is a sticky under the general discussion on how to post a picture.

Jerry
jedishon
jedishon
Super User
Super User

Number of posts : 4436
Registration date : 2007-12-18

Back to top Go down

just got my tire  Empty got some mile on today.

Post  unimax Fri Sep 21, 2012 5:32 pm

Commuted to work today. about 75 miles round trip.I gotta say the more i ride it the more comfortable i get with it. probably have 130 miles total on the new tire. There are some noticeable differences worth mentioning. bear in mind still no pressure adjustment tried. cornering while different is getting more fun! once she is committed to the corner and the sidewall flex is adjusted for i notice a strange confidence developing as i accelerate. I am finding I can gas it harder with more confidence than the stock tire.I am still getting used to it,and north of 110mph it feels a little strange as it not as rigid as the M/c tire. I must mention that reclamation pavement , highway expansion joints and construction transitions have virtually diapered. It's amazing they are totally absorbed.As this is not a racing motorcycle any high speed performance issue's i may have to get used to are well worth it just for the comfort alone.Over all I'm already convinced i made the right choice! Going on an 80 mile poker run tommorow with the wife cant wait to here her thoughts on the ride difference. Smile

unimax

Back to top Go down

just got my tire  Empty Re: just got my tire

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down