Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Darkside rear tire and reverse front tire

4 posters

Go down

Darkside rear tire and reverse front tire Empty Darkside rear tire and reverse front tire

Post  handyhoward Tue Jul 26, 2011 12:18 pm

I do not have any qualms about riding a quality CT on the rear of my bike... does it have to be a radial?

Some have mentioned mounting rear tires on the front end backwards... do they have to be radials as well?

handyhoward

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2011-07-26

Back to top Go down

Darkside rear tire and reverse front tire Empty re darkside rear tire and reverse front tire

Post  Larry Simpson Tue Jul 26, 2011 1:04 pm

I dont know why it would have to be radials but don't know why anyone would pick bias over radial as the radials have better handling,better traction and better ride than any bias ply that I have ever owned Question Question hmmm . As far as the reverse dirrection goes that is still being debated depends on what you think I guess. Shrug Shrug
Larry Simpson
Larry Simpson

Number of posts : 1007
Registration date : 2008-08-18

Back to top Go down

Darkside rear tire and reverse front tire Empty Re: Darkside rear tire and reverse front tire

Post  jedishon Tue Jul 26, 2011 2:40 pm

As far as I know it is also ok to mix and match on a bike. But like Larry said, radials are better.
Forward and backwards mounting of a rear tire on the front seem to be working. Mine was designed to work on the front or the rear, so is mounted forwards.

Jerry
jedishon
jedishon
Super User
Super User

Number of posts : 4436
Registration date : 2007-12-18

Back to top Go down

Darkside rear tire and reverse front tire Empty Re: Darkside rear tire and reverse front tire

Post  twin1300 Tue Jul 26, 2011 3:11 pm

plus1 on both advices!!!

twin1300
twin1300
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4689
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down