Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2006 Ultra The ugly truth

4 posters

Go down

2006 Ultra  The ugly truth Empty 2006 Ultra The ugly truth

Post  a.machoward Wed Mar 21, 2012 4:41 pm

Well, I now have 750 miles on my CT. I have run it between 35 and 60 psi. I have tried single and double up. I have checked my swing arm, my steering head, my shocks and my nerves and added 3oz of dyna beads. Theses are my conclusions.

1.My bike is not happy running this tire!!! Every bike in the world may love CT but my old girl ain't hav'en it.

2. Straight down the road it is fine up to 85 miles an hour. After that the back end gets squirrelly. Un-rideable. Deadly. Frightening. Corners after 55 or maybe 60 mph are UN-manageable, the wheel feels like it is hopping. ANY groove in the asphalt and I am following it...wherever it goes.

3. Double up is much better but still very loose.

I wish everyone safe and happy motoring. I wanted to try this for myself and now I have. While I would not try to dictate to others what does and does not work on their bikes, I will say that on mine a CT is not rideable.

If anyone can give me suggestions to alleviate this situation I will listen with joy. Otherwise my Michelin MT will be here Friday and I will go back to the light.

Again I stress this is my opinion and worth every penny you have paid for it.

See yall in the wind

a.machoward

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2012-02-16

Back to top Go down

2006 Ultra  The ugly truth Empty Re: 2006 Ultra The ugly truth

Post  quadancer Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:42 am

The only guesses left would be input from the front tire, type/size of tires, or loose spokes, which could show up where unnoticed before.
What tires do you have on there? I gotta say, you've given her the full monty, save for what I mentioned.
quadancer
quadancer

Number of posts : 1245
Registration date : 2010-05-02

Back to top Go down

Post  xhawkchief Wed May 09, 2012 3:26 pm

try centramatic balancers. I have it on my wing

xhawkchief

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2011-08-15

Back to top Go down

Post  Driverswanted Sun Jul 15, 2012 8:09 pm

May I ask you what size/kind of tire you manged to fit onto the 06 Ultra? I too have a 2006 EG Classic, and would like to give the Darkside a good try. I go through tires quite quickly. Approx 1 rear every season. I have recently added a sidecar, which will put even more wear and tear on the rubber. I like the look of the 175/60/16 Dunlop WinterSport, but I think that size would be a bit too short for the FLHT's. Did you ever get the handling issues resolved? Thanks

Driverswanted

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2012-07-15

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down