Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

After 8 months!

Go down

After 8 months! Empty After 8 months!

Post  SGT_Verrette Fri Feb 17, 2012 3:04 pm

Twisted Evil

Pulled the trigger today. Had a local shop install a Yokohama Avid Envigor 205/65 R15 on the bike. Little wobbly on the way home, and feels a little funny in a couple spots of the lean, but the overall is good. I have to play with the pressure, it's currently at 36. It's been raining all day, so I got the chance to see how it was in the rain- Couldn't break it loose on acceleration without slipping the clutch a piece off the line!

The fella who did it was full of advice why I shouldn't do it, but agreed to do it for me anyway. He went at me with the insurance angle, the 'it's only good for two-up', the 'it's only good for drag racing', and a whole bunch more... I'm just happy he did it. The other shops I called (except one last week, didn't have the tire yet and once it came in he wasn't answering the phone) said they wouldn't touch it, they don't want the liability. The way I figure it, my bike, my money, my life, right? Since I started researching early last year, I've found far more to recommend this route than to avoid it, so here I am!

I WANT MY COOKIES!!!! eat

Tony

SGT_Verrette

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2012-01-30

Back to top Go down