Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is an early model ST1100 covered somewhere at this website?

2 posters

Go down

Is an early model ST1100 covered somewhere at this website? Empty Is an early model ST1100 covered somewhere at this website?

Post  moddy Wed Feb 15, 2012 6:45 pm

I searched for ST1100 and didn't find anything that indicates that. I am moddy at st-owners.com and am working on going to the darkside, I can smell cookies. Thank you for your help. If there is nothing here about ST1100's specifically, I will document my work and post it here so there can be a forum specific.

moddy

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2012-02-15

Back to top Go down

Is an early model ST1100 covered somewhere at this website? Empty Re: Is an early model ST1100 covered somewhere at this website?

Post  Doc Wed Feb 15, 2012 9:17 pm

There isn't a specific forum for the ST1100, and we haven't had many questions about them.
I did find a thread from a couple of years ago...
https://mcdarksiders.forumotion.com/t2366-175xx17#20839

I don't know what the outcome was. Good Luck Vader
Doc
Doc
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1069
Registration date : 2008-04-21

Back to top Go down

Is an early model ST1100 covered somewhere at this website? Empty I have parts on the way

Post  moddy Sun Feb 26, 2012 9:22 am

Thanks for sharing those links. In my research that led me to this website looking for any information to aid in my conversion. I found that going dark on an ST1100 requires some modifications and relinquishing your original rim for a 5 bolt spider GL1500. I also couldn't do the needed machining of a brake hanger and needed spacers to move the rim approximately 7/16 to the left. These parts are in transit from another darksider at st-owners.com and will soon be on the dark side. In all, with purchase of a reasonably priced rim and tire and machine work, cost to go to the dark side on an ST100 is 400.00.

moddy

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2012-02-15

Back to top Go down

Is an early model ST1100 covered somewhere at this website? Empty Re: Is an early model ST1100 covered somewhere at this website?

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down