Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Great Smoky Mountain / Dragon Ride

+3
Beermand
jedishon
Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005
7 posters

Go down

The Great Smoky Mountain / Dragon Ride Empty The Great Smoky Mountain / Dragon Ride

Post  Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005 Sun Dec 11, 2011 6:41 am

Only two of us showed up for the ride Gordon ( Lucky 13 ) called in sick and Greg ( Smooth Rider ) was a no-show.The temp's was in the mid 20's when we rolled in to the local Honda dealer and hooked up for the ride.

The Great Smoky Mountain / Dragon Ride DSC09251Large

Paul ( Wimp ) and I was talking before we rolled out and he wanted to go check out a motorcycle salvage yard I told him about. We got there alittle after 11:00 and it did'nt open till 12:00 so all the pictures are from the gate. I've been here several times and the place is huge most of the better stuff is in buildings and sheds with several old school buses and van trailers in the back that's packed nose to tail with old vintage motorcycle parts and pieces. We had hoped on doing some pickin' as I need a new wheel for my 450 Foreman that took a nice lick in a river bottom last time I rode down to Coal Creek.I have never seen any Valkyrie parts here but a dude told me they had a couple wreaked Standard's when he was there this summer.
The Great Smoky Mountain / Dragon Ride DSC09252Large

The Great Smoky Mountain / Dragon Ride DSC09253Large

The Great Smoky Mountain / Dragon Ride DSC09256Large

After leaving the salvage yard we took some really cool backroads and made our way to the small community of Top Of The World.My friend Paul with picture taken at Top Of The World near Happy Valley. Paul and I are planning on rolling out next friday for a few days on the road no plans to where we are riding we just know we are going southbound( Maybe south Georgia or Florida ).Anyone wanting to hook-up and take a road trip next weekend let me know and we can plan on meeting somewhere.

The Great Smoky Mountain / Dragon Ride DSC09259Large

The Great Smoky Mountain / Dragon Ride DSC09266Large

The Dragon was ours with no traffic whatsoever only bad thing was it was wet in spots from all the rain this week and you really had to watch the tight turns in the shaded areas.Picture below is Deal's Gap we only saw a couple bikes all day long ( I love this time of year for riding the mountains no sport bikes tryin' to run you over and no slow ass Harley's in the way ) .
The Great Smoky Mountain / Dragon Ride DSC09264Large

" The Money Shot " taken on a backroad somewhere near Top Of The World.

The Great Smoky Mountain / Dragon Ride DSC09258Large
Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005
Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1642
Registration date : 2007-12-17

Back to top Go down

The Great Smoky Mountain / Dragon Ride Empty Re: The Great Smoky Mountain / Dragon Ride

Post  jedishon Sun Dec 11, 2011 7:04 pm

Joe thanks for posting the pics. That Chrome Pony is still my favorite bike.

Jerry
jedishon
jedishon
Super User
Super User

Number of posts : 4436
Registration date : 2007-12-18

Back to top Go down

The Great Smoky Mountain / Dragon Ride Empty Re: The Great Smoky Mountain / Dragon Ride

Post  Beermand Sun Dec 11, 2011 7:07 pm

Great pics thanks for sharing!
Beermand
Beermand

Number of posts : 167
Registration date : 2010-11-07

Back to top Go down

Post  quadancer Sun Dec 11, 2011 10:00 pm

( I love this time of year for riding the mountains no sport bikes tryin' to run you over and no slow ass Harley's in the way ) .

I feel ya man.
quadancer
quadancer

Number of posts : 1245
Registration date : 2010-05-02

Back to top Go down

Post  smokey2255 Mon Dec 12, 2011 12:26 am

Joe, you have no idea how refreshing your pics are. Glad to see you coming to spend some time with us and share your pics.

I only see another bike about once a week around here. One lone dude on a cruiser.

Hope the family is well. Post up some pics of that beautiful grand daughter of yours sometime. Presley kind of got in our hearts around here.

See you out there
Smokey
smokey2255
smokey2255
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2451
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post  twin1300 Mon Dec 12, 2011 10:59 am

cheers Thanks Joe!

.........................bobby
twin1300
twin1300
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4689
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post  Bamaeagle Mon Dec 12, 2011 8:22 pm

Nice ride report..... thumbup

Great pictures.....thanks for taking us along....... Cheers
Bamaeagle
Bamaeagle

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2011-05-14

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down