Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Dragon - The Hellbender - The Great Smoky Mountains

+2
smokey2255
Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005
6 posters

Go down

The Dragon - The Hellbender - The Great Smoky Mountains Empty The Dragon - The Hellbender - The Great Smoky Mountains

Post  Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005 Sat Dec 22, 2007 8:02 pm

We took off this morning to drag some pegs on The Dragon. This was the " BADMOJO " bike's first trip with me on board ( Duffy has threw some fire with it on The Dragon before he totaled it Crying or Very sad ) .Traffic was next to nothing and no cops . Lucky 13 and I was smokin' the pegs. We had ( 5 ) bikes on this ride and all was excellent riders. We did The Foothills Parkway then The Dragon onto The Hellbender and then crossed The Great Smoky Mountains. If you want to sling fire from the pegs right now is the time to do The Dragon. No cops no crazy crotch rocket riders no non-ridin' Harley riders.
The Dragon - The Hellbender - The Great Smoky Mountains MOJODragon011Small
Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005
Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1642
Registration date : 2007-12-17

Back to top Go down

The Dragon - The Hellbender - The Great Smoky Mountains Empty Re: The Dragon - The Hellbender - The Great Smoky Mountains

Post  Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005 Sat Dec 22, 2007 8:06 pm

Ran into a ol' friend at Deals Gap on his new Can-Am Spyder and he let me take a ride on The Dragon with it....WOW that is a wild machine in the twisties.The Dragon - The Hellbender - The Great Smoky Mountains MOJODragon017Small
Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005
Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

The Dragon - The Hellbender - The Great Smoky Mountains Empty Re: The Dragon - The Hellbender - The Great Smoky Mountains

Post  Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005 Sat Dec 22, 2007 8:07 pm

When we pulled out at the over - look to attack The Dragon Luck 13 did a beautiful straight up and down wheelie on his Interstate. When we got to Deals Gap we talked him into doing another one for the camera. I damn near missed it...Lucky 13 that ol'boy can flat out ride a motorcycle.
The Dragon - The Hellbender - The Great Smoky Mountains MOJODragon018Small
Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005
Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  smokey2255 Sat Dec 22, 2007 11:22 pm

Dude
Some sweet pics. Wish I had the balls to stand on of these big cruisers up like that. Looking forward to making the trip next year.

Larry
smokey2255
smokey2255
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2451
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post  twin1300 Sat Dec 22, 2007 11:48 pm

Smokin'joe,

Thanks for the write up, since a lot of us are so far away, it's good to hear others guys stories and see the pics. I am envious!!!!!

.............bobby

twin1300
twin1300
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4689

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Dec 23, 2007 8:28 am

WOW! It sure looks like you had some fun! cheers

I am really curious about that Can-Am. Please, tell more about how it rides. (Like I'll ever have one, lol @myself!!!)

Back to top Go down

Post  Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005 Sun Dec 23, 2007 9:01 am

It has one foot brake for all the wheels ( No hand front ) and when you touch it you know it...Brakes Outstanding...I did'nt push it hard at all in fact it freaked me out when LaMonster said " Want to take it for a ride Joe ? " I sure did'nt want to tie that beautiful machine around a Dragon tree Smile I would love to have one its kinda like ridin' a super fast 4 wheeler... LaMonster said " Its a motorcycle with a nice boob job " Very Happy
Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005
Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  grizak Sun Dec 23, 2007 9:11 am

That is a nice lookin bike if you would call it that Very Happy I would like to get one for my wife. but ill have to wait until I win the lotto 🎅
grizak
grizak

Number of posts : 173
Registration date : 2007-12-16

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Dec 23, 2007 9:17 am

Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005 wrote:It has one foot brake for all the wheels ( No hand front ) and when you touch it you know it...Brakes Outstanding...I did'nt push it hard at all in fact it freaked me out when LaMonster said " Want to take it for a ride Joe ? " I sure did'nt want to tie that beautiful machine around a Dragon tree Smile I would love to have one its kinda like ridin' a super fast 4 wheeler... LaMonster said " Its a motorcycle with a nice boob job " Very Happy

Now that's funny!

I don't think I would ever want one. I saw a show about some new cars that were being developed in Europe and that bike reminded me of them. Basically, they were longer versions, with an enclosed area and the passenger sat behind the driver. It was an interesting show and if I ever remember the name, I'll let you know. Most of the cars were motorcycle/car hybrids.

Back to top Go down

Post  twin1300 Sun Dec 23, 2007 1:33 pm

Smokin'joe,

That thing wouldn't look good hanging on the tree of shame...hehehehehe Expecially since he just picked it up.

twin1300
twin1300
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4689

Back to top Go down

Post  Toasted_311 Sun Dec 23, 2007 3:48 pm

Whoa...wheelies on a Valk?!? Shocked Dat's alot of bike to wheelie.

Love the Can-Am...can't wait until he uploads the vid he was talking about.

Looks like ya'll had a blast though. Very Happy
Toasted_311
Toasted_311
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1132

https://mcdarksiders.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  gstanfield Sun Dec 23, 2007 4:36 pm

Man you guys are making me sad. I grew up and spent the first 23 years of my life in Toccoa, GA (northeast GA) and learned to ride motorcycle on those roads. I am now a pretty accoplished rider and teach the MSF course. The sad part is that I live in WY now and although I love it out here there are only about 7 curves in the entire state. It's hard to scrape pegs without taking the VTX to triple digit speeds through these long sweeping turns (which I do) or just doing riding demonstrations in parking lots and grinding them off.

I sure do miss those roads. Here's a tidbit of how much I love the lean. I only have 14,000 miels on my VTX and I'm on my thrid set of footpegs after grinding them completely through the chrome trim on the ends, took the feelers off the day I got the bike home.

So, to make a long story short, if you have any pics of good riding roads like those, feel free to post them up and make me homesick even more than I already am.

George
gstanfield
gstanfield
Super User
Super User

Number of posts : 583
Registration date : 2007-12-15

Back to top Go down

Post  Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005 Sun Dec 23, 2007 9:13 pm

We have a " Fall Color Ride " every year the 3rd weekend in Oct. We show up on friday in Robbinsville,NC for the pre-ride party . Saturday we ride the beautiful Tenneessee / North Carolina mountains . Saturday night we have the after ride party . Sunday morning we get up and hammer down toward home. This year we had 56 bikes show-up and sold out 2 of the older motels in the area. 2008 will be the 5th year I've put this ride on and we always have a blast...Bring It...LET'S RIDE Smile The Dragon - The Hellbender - The Great Smoky Mountains KILLBOY20CD2001920Small
Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005
Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down