Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2000 RSV now Darksided

2 posters

Go down

2000 RSV now Darksided Empty 2000 RSV now Darksided

Post  Trimster Sat Aug 27, 2011 9:54 pm

It was a process but my 2000 Yamaha Royal Star Venture is now fitted with a Nankang 160-80-15. The first ride this morning was a joy. I have run Avon Venoms for the past years and loved them. Not the mileage, but the handling. This Nankang is every bit as good. Finding someone to mount the tire was half the issue. Nobody wants to touch this process. And for good reason... it's hard to bead up. I polished the inside of the rims bead up area to get rid of the machine groves. I found someone to mount the tire and set the bead... and I was not there when he did it. He said 'it's a bitch and took more air pressure than I was comfortable with". Heating the tire in the summer sun helped. He laughed at the tube of KY Jelly I brought but said that worked pretty good.

I have an Avon Venom on the front still (60% tread left) and the combo handles fine. Worked it up to 75mph over the hour ride and did some mild canyon stuff. Handles like a dream. No wobbles or issues of any kind. I'll be commuting 90 miles of freeway each day so I can get the breaking done in a week. Thanks for all the good info and tips.

I like this game.

Bob

Trimster

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2011-08-24

Back to top Go down

2000 RSV now Darksided Empty Re: 2000 RSV now Darksided

Post  twin1300 Sun Aug 28, 2011 12:48 am

Congrats and Welcome
twin1300
twin1300
Admin