Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Firestone Firehawk Wideoval 215/60 16

3 posters

Go down

New Firestone Firehawk Wideoval 215/60 16 Empty New Firestone Firehawk Wideoval 215/60 16

Post  sheldeane Thu Feb 03, 2011 8:14 pm

Hey Guys, my mate has been running the above CT for a year now. He finally convinced me to ride his bike and I have just last week adopted the same tyre on my Rocket III. I initially had the tyre Nitrogened to 36psi and took it for a cautious ride around suburbs and then out on the highway.... I noticed it required a reasonable amount of counter steering and concentration to get it off the flat centre and into corners particularly on wide sweepers at 100kph on the highway. Cornering around town was not as bad but I got a lot of feedback over undulations... I returned to the tyre place and had them put in 42psi... I can tell you all that the difference was very noticeable in a positive way. Much easier to get off the centre without as much rider input... corners at any speed are in my opinion superior to the Metz and the Avon Cobra it replaces... I went the 60 profile to correct the speedo differential and my GPS actually confirms the speedo as correct now. I am going for a 600klm ride this weekend and will post my findings.
Cheers Dean

sheldeane

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2011-01-28

Back to top Go down

New Firestone Firehawk Wideoval 215/60 16 Empty Re: New Firestone Firehawk Wideoval 215/60 16

Post  Vador Fri Feb 04, 2011 7:06 pm

Sheldeane, is your R3 a Touring? I have to replace my Metz soon too. and can't seem to find a confirmed fit for the tourer. And is this tire a radial?
Thanks in advance.

Vador

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2011-01-11

Back to top Go down

New Firestone Firehawk Wideoval 215/60 16 Empty Re: New Firestone Firehawk Wideoval 215/60 16

Post  quadancer Sat Feb 05, 2011 9:32 am

Like to see a pic of it. I wonder what the "oval" part means?
quadancer
quadancer

Number of posts : 1245
Registration date : 2010-05-02

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down