Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

VTX 1800R...Okay, I really want to go darkside but....?

2 posters

Go down

VTX 1800R...Okay, I really want to go darkside but....?  Empty VTX 1800R...Okay, I really want to go darkside but....?

Post  sessumrd Fri Jan 14, 2011 4:56 pm

I haven't posted in the past, as I am new to this forum and am still learning a lot. However, I was in the midst of doing other mods to the bike and as I already had the fender off, I decided to grind off the helmet lock and side rails of the fender bracket in prepartion for the CT. No problems to this point. As the fender was off, I laid the brace on top the Metzler and it pretty much conforms to the rounded profile. I am currently running Progressive 412 HD shocks that are 11.5" or 3/4' shorter than stock. This is where my concern comes in: the CT Profile (Flat/wider) vs. the 200 Metzler 880 (round) looks as though it will hit the bracket sooner as it is wider on the flat... Does anyone running this set up know whether I will be able to install a 205 GYTT without hitting the fender bracket? If not, any recommendations would be appreciated... bounce bounce
sessumrd
sessumrd

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2010-12-08

Back to top Go down

VTX 1800R...Okay, I really want to go darkside but....?  Empty Re: VTX 1800R...Okay, I really want to go darkside but....?

Post  nodakbassmaster Sat Jan 15, 2011 12:36 am

you should be fine. the CT is the same width and many run them with shorter shocks without trimming. Just need the fender to be centered (most aren't).
nodakbassmaster
nodakbassmaster
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1604
Registration date : 2007-12-15

Back to top Go down

VTX 1800R...Okay, I really want to go darkside but....?  Empty Re: VTX 1800R...Okay, I really want to go darkside but....?

Post  sessumrd Sat Jan 15, 2011 1:29 am

Thanks for the reply. As I was looking around for clearance issues with the 200 Metzler on, I noticed clearance to the drive shaft tube is already very close (1/8") but it hasn't rubbed. I could be wrong, as I won't know until I stick the CT in there, but it looks as though the front of the swing arm could become an issue with the CT. Suspect I may just grind out and widen the corners while I have it apart just to be safe.
sessumrd
sessumrd

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2010-12-08

Back to top Go down

Post  nodakbassmaster Sat Jan 15, 2011 12:24 pm

no need, the ct is the same width as the 200
nodakbassmaster
nodakbassmaster
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1604
Registration date : 2007-12-15

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down