Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For jammin through the twisties.......... what tire is best?

4 posters

Go down

For jammin through the twisties.......... what tire is best? Empty For jammin through the twisties.......... what tire is best?

Post  FJRINTHETWISTIES Sat Apr 24, 2010 11:38 pm

I have an FJR1300, I purchased an extra back rim set up and want to mount a car tyre on it to test it on a bunch of twistie routes in my area. what tire
has the best grip. on track bikes they are called gummies.........
Who has tested a tire on a similar size rim ??

B.........

FJRINTHETWISTIES

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2010-04-24

Back to top Go down

For jammin through the twisties.......... what tire is best? Empty Re: For jammin through the twisties.......... what tire is best?

Post  Doc Sat Apr 24, 2010 11:47 pm

Most of us ride cruiser motorcycles here, so your question is a bit out of our realm of experience. There is a great thread on the FJR forum about using car tires, http://www.fjrforum.com/forum//index.php?showtopic=112537&hl=darkside But it doesn't seem like they are super aggressive when riding on a car tire.
Doc
Doc
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1069
Registration date : 2008-04-21

Back to top Go down

For jammin through the twisties.......... what tire is best? Empty Thanks Bro

Post  FJRINTHETWISTIES Sat Apr 24, 2010 11:57 pm

00 Doc wrote:Most of us ride cruiser motorcycles here, so your question is a bit out of our realm of experience. There is a great thread on the FJR forum about using car tires, http://www.fjrforum.com/forum//index.php?showtopic=112537&hl=darkside But it doesn't seem like they are super aggressive when riding on a car tire.

========

I am from the FJRFORUM... trying to get some info for the members who do ride a little more spirited... shall we say.. Very Happy Very Happy

FJRINTHETWISTIES

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2010-04-24

Back to top Go down

For jammin through the twisties.......... what tire is best? Empty Spirited 07 Roadliner

Post  WildPhill57 Tue Dec 21, 2010 1:55 pm

It really doesn't take much cranking over to get a board to touch down on a Roadliner so just taking an onramp at a quick pace can drag a board. It feels totally planted when it happens though. If I want to go fast I jump on my other "steel horse" an 05 FZ1. But bein' the "steel horses" that they are "if you give em too much spur they'll throw you just the same" so go with some sense of caution. Cool
WildPhill57
WildPhill57

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2010-07-27

Back to top Go down

For jammin through the twisties.......... what tire is best? Empty Re: For jammin through the twisties.......... what tire is best?

Post  twin1300 Tue Dec 21, 2010 4:33 pm

FJRINTHETWISTIES wrote:I have an FJR1300, I purchased an extra back rim set up and want to mount a car tyre on it to test it on a bunch of twistie routes in my area. what tire
has the best grip. on track bikes they are called gummies.........
Who has tested a tire on a similar size rim ??

B.........

Smokey might remember something...He was at one time going to buy and FJR and look at darksiding it!

.......................bobby
twin1300
twin1300
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4689
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down