Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hot Springs ,NC ...The Great Smoky Mountains

2 posters

Go down

Hot Springs ,NC ...The Great Smoky Mountains Empty Hot Springs ,NC ...The Great Smoky Mountains

Post  Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005 Sat Apr 10, 2010 8:04 pm

Just got back from a beautiful ride in the North Carolina / Tennessee mountains. It's been a wonderful weekend starting with supper last night with VRCC member bsnicely and his wife of 30 years this weekend Thelma .We took off this morning for a lunch ride to Hot Springs , NC . We hooked up with Normandog and Carolina Girl at the resturant. Had a nice run at the twisties on Hwy.209 rode through Maggie Valley at hit The Blue Ridge Parkway into The Great Smoky Mountains.First couple pictures was taken just outside Hot Springs on The Dixie Highway.

Hot Springs ,NC ...The Great Smoky Mountains HotSpringsWindshield4-10-10004Large

Hot Springs ,NC ...The Great Smoky Mountains HotSpringsWindshield4-10-10005Large

I took this picture up on The Blue Ridge Parkway I told them to get together for a group shot. The big tree they are standing under is a widow maker that has been hit with lightning...I wonder about'em sometimes .

Hot Springs ,NC ...The Great Smoky Mountains HotSpringsWindshield4-10-10007Large

This is around 5,500 feet its not even starting to get " green " up here.

Hot Springs ,NC ...The Great Smoky Mountains HotSpringsWindshield4-10-10008Large

Couple shots from Newfound Gap at the Tennessee/North Carolina stateline.

Hot Springs ,NC ...The Great Smoky Mountains HotSpringsWindshield4-10-10009Large

Hot Springs ,NC ...The Great Smoky Mountains HotSpringsWindshield4-10-10010Large
Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005
Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1642
Registration date : 2007-12-17

Back to top Go down

Hot Springs ,NC ...The Great Smoky Mountains Empty Re: Hot Springs ,NC ...The Great Smoky Mountains

Post  smokey2255 Sat Apr 10, 2010 10:42 pm

Another great ride, thanks for taking the time to share with us Joe. Looking forward to making some of them beautiful runs you have up there. See ya in a few weeks

Smokey
smokey2255
smokey2255
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2451
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down