Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Need help with a new forum I'm making

+3
smokey2255
nodakbassmaster
gstanfield
7 posters

Go down

What name would be better for a forum on old Honda CB's??

Need help with a new forum I'm making Vote_lcap14%Need help with a new forum I'm making Vote_rcap 14% 
[ 2 ]
Need help with a new forum I'm making Vote_lcap21%Need help with a new forum I'm making Vote_rcap 21% 
[ 3 ]
Need help with a new forum I'm making Vote_lcap29%Need help with a new forum I'm making Vote_rcap 29% 
[ 4 ]
Need help with a new forum I'm making Vote_lcap21%Need help with a new forum I'm making Vote_rcap 21% 
[ 3 ]
Need help with a new forum I'm making Vote_lcap14%Need help with a new forum I'm making Vote_rcap 14% 
[ 2 ]

Total Votes : 14

Need help with a new forum I'm making Empty Need help with a new forum I'm making

Post  gstanfield Tue Sep 15, 2009 10:12 pm

OK, when in doubt, ask a fellow biker! I am in the process of restoring an old 1978 CB400 TII Honda. I will be going with a little different route with it, making it into a scrambler type ride. ANYWAY, in the process I fidn that there are not a lot of recources out there for these old bikes so..... I am going to address this isssue directly. i have a decent amount if knowledge and resources at my disposal including orginal FAcTORY service manuals, old articles, etc. I'm going to be putting together a forum directed at owners of all the old Honda CB's, both twins and fours. I.E. CB750F, CB300,CB350,CB400,CB450, and the list goes on and onl with Honda making a ton of these old bikes. I'm a little stuck with what domain name to register and need to get it done within the next week, so what do you guys think?

I'll make a poll with my current ideas.

Thanks a ton guys,
George
gstanfield
gstanfield
Super User
Super User

Number of posts : 583
Registration date : 2007-12-15

Back to top Go down

Need help with a new forum I'm making Empty Re: Need help with a new forum I'm making

Post  nodakbassmaster Tue Sep 15, 2009 10:37 pm

Voted, now send me that wheel! Laughing Laughing Laughing
nodakbassmaster
nodakbassmaster
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1604

Back to top Go down

Need help with a new forum I'm making Empty Re: Need help with a new forum I'm making

Post  smokey2255 Tue Sep 15, 2009 10:44 pm

Think you need honda in there to differentiate between cb radios and bikes. JMHO I chose #3

See you out there
Smokey
smokey2255
smokey2255
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2451
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post  nodakbassmaster Tue Sep 15, 2009 10:49 pm

smokey2255 wrote:Think you need honda in there to differentiate between cb radios and bikes. JMHO I chose #3

See you out there
Smokey

touche', that's a very good point!
nodakbassmaster
nodakbassmaster
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1604

Back to top Go down

Post  Poppawolf Tue Sep 15, 2009 11:33 pm

Good Luck with the build George.

Back when I had my 75 CB750F Supersport I used to use the SOHC4.net sight. I know it carries a lot of the 4 cylinder SOHC stuff but it may be something for you to look at for ideas on a forum/site. As much fun as I had riding that thing you are right that not a lot of repair info is out there.

Again, good luck with the build.
Db
Poppawolf
Poppawolf

Number of posts : 63
Registration date : 2007-12-18

Back to top Go down

Post  jedishon Wed Sep 16, 2009 7:29 am

smokey2255 wrote:Think you need honda in there to differentiate between cb radios and bikes. JMHO I chose #3

See you out there
Smokey

I agreed with you but I chose #1.

Jerry
jedishon
jedishon
Super User
Super User

Number of posts : 4436
Registration date : 2007-12-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Steve-O Wed Sep 16, 2009 8:03 am

I like forum in the name so that I know it's a forum.

Good luck with this. I've always wanted an old CB, but I'd rather ride than wrench, so I'll probably opt for new bikes and keep them forever.....

Post the url when you get it started.
Steve-O
Steve-O
Moderate user
Moderate user

Number of posts : 1153
Registration date : 2008-02-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Doc Wed Sep 16, 2009 10:12 am

I had a '69 450 honda back in high school, It was a CL 450 with the high side pipes. Loved that bike.
Doc
Doc
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1069
Registration date : 2008-04-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down