Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Have an appointment tomorrow for installation...

+2
Badmoon
saoniel
6 posters

Go down

Have an appointment tomorrow for installation... Empty Have an appointment tomorrow for installation...

Post  saoniel Wed Aug 19, 2009 5:50 pm

I have a 2003 VTX1300S. I ordered the 205/70/15 Goodyear Triple Tread and received it today. I have a couple of questions. Do I use the same tube? I have Vance and Hines pipes and can not see any exhaust bolts that would interfere with the installation. Any thing else to be concerned about?

saoniel

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2009-08-03

Back to top Go down

Have an appointment tomorrow for installation... Empty Re: Have an appointment tomorrow for installation...

Post  Badmoon Wed Aug 19, 2009 6:21 pm

I cant think of any. Mount it carefully and inspect it well before jumping on. Take it easy for a bit and get the feel for it. Then ride the hell outta it. Congrats.

Peace
Moon
Badmoon
Badmoon

Number of posts : 1699
Location : Swanpland (Gods Country) It is my horns that hold up my halo.
Registration date : 2007-12-20

Back to top Go down

Have an appointment tomorrow for installation... Empty Bead would not seat....

Post  saoniel Fri Aug 21, 2009 8:04 am

Once the tire was on the rim, bead would not seat. Deflated the tire and put grease on the rim and still would not seat. The guy mounting the tire thought a higher volume compressor might do the trick. We are going to try again today.

saoniel

Back to top Go down

Have an appointment tomorrow for installation... Empty RE BEAD WOULD NOT SEAT

Post  Larry Simpson Fri Aug 21, 2009 9:33 am

saoniel wrote:Once the tire was on the rim, bead would not seat. Deflated the tire and put grease on the rim and still would not seat. The guy mounting the tire thought a higher volume compressor might do the trick. We are going to try again today.
The rim needs to be excessivly cleaned before you mount ,we brush and polish before we start mounting the 3 GYTT,S we have mounted were 16 in. tubeless but they have all beaded at under 50 psi.Just a thought RIDE SAFE Larry S Very Happy Very Happy
Larry Simpson
Larry Simpson

Number of posts : 1007
Registration date : 2008-08-18

Back to top Go down

Have an appointment tomorrow for installation... Empty Re: Have an appointment tomorrow for installation...

Post  wren Fri Aug 21, 2009 5:38 pm

When I put the Tiger Paw on my spoker it took a little experimenting to get the tire to bead. What finally did it was undiluted Palmolive dish soap and 115 lbs. of air.

That was a good test run. After I got the bike back together and on the floor I saw the rim strip sitting on the side where I put it when I wire wheeled my rim.

!@#$%^&*()!!!

The second time around, yep, Palmolive and 115 lbs. and she popped right back in place.

Wren

wren

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2009-08-19

Back to top Go down

Have an appointment tomorrow for installation... Empty Still having trouble with seating bead...

Post  saoniel Sat Aug 22, 2009 10:13 am

Higher volume compressor did not work. Installer took it to a tire shop. With some type of lube they use and 95 psi, bead still did not seat. Tire shop had info from some where that max psi on a motorcycle rim is 100 psi. Installer left it at the tire shop to see if it would seat on its own with the high pressure. Told him last night about the Palmolive and 115psi. Should be hearing from him any time now.

saoniel

Back to top Go down

Have an appointment tomorrow for installation... Empty Still could not get the dead to seat on my spoke rim.

Post  saoniel Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:33 pm

Ran it up to 120 psi, left the tire in the hot sun to soften the tire and still would not seat.. Not sure what type of lube the tire shop was using. Ended up pulling the car tire off and putting the old MC tire back on. The bead was very close to setting. The GYTT was rotated on the rim and the same places on the rim refused to seat. I wonder if the tube had anything to do with the problem? It's either the rim or the tube. Not sure what to do next.

saoniel

Back to top Go down

Post  Steve-O Fri Aug 28, 2009 6:41 am

I always clean the rim really good. Get all the old stuff off. I take steel wool and make sure there are no imperfections that might keep the tire bead from seating.

Sometimes they are a booger to seat.
Steve-O
Steve-O
Moderate user
Moderate user

Number of posts : 1153
Registration date : 2008-02-05

Back to top Go down

Post  wayne Fri Aug 28, 2009 6:52 am

The tube could have been the reason, it dont put the pressure around like the tubeless.

wayne

Number of posts : 623
Registration date : 2007-12-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum