Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

my buddy needs a CT. HELP

4 posters

Go down

my buddy needs a CT. HELP Empty my buddy needs a CT. HELP

Post  wiggans50cal Sun Jul 05, 2009 5:12 pm

I have a 205/70/15 general grabber UHP on my 1300-S. I love the tire and am never going back to a M/T. The ONE thing I dislike about the tire is the 80MPH plus wobble. I run dynabeads, I changed steering stem bearings, replaced my shock bushings. I have determined its the car tire giving me the wobble. My buddy has the 1300-C and I understand that the mag wheels are wider than my spoked rim. Would you say that this will take care of the wobble or would a shorter sidewall/stiffer sidewall tire be the ticket? I talked to him about this and I said that I would check with you guys. Im guessing he needs to try a different tire than I have, see if its a little more rigid. I can play with the air preasure and the wobble will change, but never go away. What tire would you guys recomend for him, and MY next tire?

wiggans50cal

Number of posts : 48
Registration date : 2008-07-11

Back to top Go down

my buddy needs a CT. HELP Empty Re: my buddy needs a CT. HELP

Post  twin1300 Mon Jul 06, 2009 7:34 am

Wiggans,

Has he tried a ride without a windshield if he got on on his bike to see if the wobble goes away! This has happened also. They had to adjust the windshield to get it to go away! I know...it sounds crazy but give it a try! You could just have a bad tire...it happens to motorcycle tires as well as car tires!

twin1300
twin1300
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4689
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post  wiggans50cal Mon Jul 06, 2009 1:20 pm

my bike is the one with the wobble.. yes, i have tried it with/without a widshield, adjusted that shield, sold the shield and now have an extreme revolutions fairing. same wobble. its the tire. I have heard of a couple others having a high speed wobble but dont know what tire they had. my guess, i shouldn't've went with a 205 with my narrow spoked 15" I hear the 1800 guys never have the wobble, so maybe i shoulda went with a shorter sidewall. anyways, im looking for someone out there with the 15" wheel, mag and or spoked to tell me what brand and size of tire they run and if they have a wobble. anyone????

wiggans50cal

Back to top Go down

Post  Charlie D Mon Jul 06, 2009 7:09 pm

I have a Spoke 15 sealed running the Mich Hydroedge

I also have a metz 150/80/17 on the front (next size up from stock).

When I first put the Gaurdsman 205/65/15 on I had a wobble at 86 checked everything out and found my front tire was down to 32 lbs, I pumped it up to 38 and 95% of the wobble went away.

A few weeks later and 2000 miles I gave Waynes C rim and tire back to him and got my Hydroedge mounted up on the sealed rim now have around 1000 miles on the Hydro and no wobble at all and smooth as long as my rear shocks are set on 4 if I drop them to 3 I get a hint of wobble.
I only have a 3/4 oz weight on a spoke for ballance and may get dynabeads in the future.

I also have the tapered all balls bearings in the trees and I am sure it also helps.

Charlie D

Number of posts : 32
Registration date : 2009-05-05

Back to top Go down

Post  wiggans50cal Tue Jul 07, 2009 10:16 pm

what size is your hydro?

wiggans50cal

Back to top Go down

Post  Charlie D Wed Jul 08, 2009 12:21 am

I put on the 205/70/15

Charlie D

Number of posts : 32
Registration date : 2009-05-05

Back to top Go down

my buddy needs a CT. HELP Empty General Grabber

Post  starider Sat Aug 01, 2009 10:04 pm

I have two close friends that have had bad experiences with General Grabbers. One says his delaminated between the plies. The other says a piece of tread measuring 2" by 6" came off his front tire. They both warned me off the brand. I figured you get what you pay for in tires. I went for the Goodyear Assurance, rated at 65000 miles. It cost me $118 delivered to my door here in Texas from So. California. Cool
starider
starider

Number of posts : 118
Registration date : 2009-06-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down