Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Going to the darkside 2007 1300S

5 posters

Go down

Going to the darkside 2007 1300S Empty Going to the darkside 2007 1300S

Post  trenton Sun Apr 26, 2009 9:39 am

A little about my story. This is my first Honda and it rocks I have had many bikes and think this is the best one. I have had nothing but bad luck in the past with motorcycle tires from having them blow out running down the highway to constant flats every time I need to buy a new one because nobody would repair them. So I have been looking at going to a ct for a while now. I decided to do it because the one on my bike is over 1/2 worn at 7000km and is flat again. Reading everbodys problems about getting them installed I thought I would have a problem. I went to the local honda cycle dealer here where I moved its a small town and asked last year if they could repair my flat (NO WAY) was the response like I thought it would be. Its spring now so I went to get the moly paste for the hub and they were what is that? lol I told them what its used for and they said they just use bearing grease Rolling Eyes They looked it up in the parts book at my request and ordered me a tube and one for the shop I think. While I was there I asked if they would change a tire for me if I brought them the wheel and new tire and said it was a ct on the spoke rim. Response was it will cost 20$ but it wont fit on the bike. They wont fix a flat but will install anything I want on a rim lol. Then I go to the local tire shop to see about a tire and tube. I told him what I was looking for he didnt have what I wanted but had the same size in a ww and would be 90 installed and balanced. I asked if he had a rim clamp machine to do a spoked motorcycle rim So im off to get my motorcycle jack next weekend and my molly paste will be in this week so some time next week I will be on the darkside Very Happy No more $300 flat repairs for me.

trenton

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2009-04-26

Back to top Go down

Going to the darkside 2007 1300S Empty Re: Going to the darkside 2007 1300S

Post  wayne Sun Apr 26, 2009 1:30 pm

You will like the Darkside.
I have never used Moly paste on my hub gear. I use a hijgh temp grease, I have right at 65,000 miles on the bike and have never had a issue, I think the melting point is like 5 or 600 degrees. You can use a syn. oil in the rear end to keep the temp down.

wayne

Number of posts : 623
Registration date : 2007-12-18

Back to top Go down

Post  trenton Wed May 06, 2009 9:55 pm

I blew up my new tire trying to seat it lol split the bead and sidewall lol

trenton

Back to top Go down

Post  twin1300 Thu May 07, 2009 7:41 am

trenton wrote:I blew up my new tire trying to seat it lol split the bead and sidewall lol

What tire were you trying????? Did you lube it all the way up the sides to almost the lettering with cooking oil? Some tire if not oiled well will grab the rim and cause it to be in too much of a bind. Sorry to hear you blew it up! Are you OK?

.................................bobby

twin1300
twin1300
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4689
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post  trenton Thu May 07, 2009 10:01 am

twin1300 wrote:
trenton wrote:I blew up my new tire trying to seat it lol split the bead and sidewall lol

What tire were you trying????? Did you lube it all the way up the sides to almost the lettering with cooking oil? Some tire if not oiled well will grab the rim and cause it to be in too much of a bind. Sorry to hear you blew it up! Are you OK?

.................................bobby

Hi Bobby,

Im ok I was in the house when it happened it was in the garage man it was loud I had the neighbors come over and meet me lol. It was my fault and a long story. The lesson learned is dont multitask and get distracted. I was working on the tire and my son was changing the oil in his dirt bike and getting it ready for the summers first ride I had a 12volt compressor filling the tire. His bike fell on him pinning him I ran over to see if he was ok the foot peg caught him behind the knee took him inside the house to check him out and out then put smokies on the BBQ. Forgot about the tire 10 minutes later there is a loud bang from the garage rattled the windows in the house. All I could do was laugh thats my tire it just seated went out to check the damage and I had just split the bead and sidewall. Glad no one was in the garage or that I had remebered and checked it out just before it happened. Tires and to much pressure make big bangs. I have my automotives diploma and have installed many tires and dont go over the max PSI for this reason. Just a warning to all who use excessive pressure to seat a bead this is what you risk and if you are near it when it happens it may injure you. I have no idea what the pressure was when it blew but 🐰 lol! Getting a new tire and tube going to try again this time I'm not going to get distracted lol! The tire was a nexan darkhorse 205 65 15.

trenton

Back to top Go down

Post  twin1300 Thu May 07, 2009 1:13 pm

OMG (Oh, my groceries)......that's one of the funniest stories I ever heard..... Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Thanks for the huge laugh!....... Very Happy

...............................bobby

twin1300
twin1300
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4689
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post  horseman8m Thu May 07, 2009 6:54 pm

is the rim ok what kind of bike do you have?????
horseman8m
horseman8m

Number of posts : 1449
Registration date : 2008-02-09

Back to top Go down

Post  trenton Thu May 07, 2009 9:30 pm

horseman8m wrote:is the rim ok what kind of bike do you have?????

The rim looks fine to me going to check for runout but it should be ok I have a 07 1300S

trenton

Back to top Go down

Post  Blue57 Fri May 08, 2009 9:36 am

We have intentionally popped tubes at work before and they are as loud as a shotgun so I can only imagine how loud an actual tire is.

Blue57

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2009-04-28

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down