Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Truck Totalled & Louisiana Directive 18

2 posters

Go down

Truck Totalled & Louisiana Directive 18 Empty Truck Totalled & Louisiana Directive 18

Post  Muntz Sun Apr 12, 2009 9:37 am

About 2 months ago I had a little accident in my truck. Someone in traffic left a hole and waived me through into the center turning lane. Someone else was driving in the center turning lane. Well long story short I got the ticket. I was hit from the front wheel all the way to the back wheel. My truck was 11 yrs. old and that much damage caused it to be totalled. Rolling Eyes

I guess my first problem was my insurance company. USAgencies. I have been with them for 13yrs. They had used NADA to value the wreck, but when a supplemental was asked for by the body shop, because their guy missed the whole extra cab door. It totals. Then they start talking this other number affraid for the value of my truck. Anyhow when they go to pay me out for my truck they offer me about 2000 less than the NADA value. We get in an arguement and they tell me about .........

Louisiana Dept. of Insurance, Directive 18

So I go look this up on the states website. Directive 18 (written in 1974) sounds as if its intent was to prevent people from getting screwed, but in actuallity it depends on the vehicle and the market price for that vehicle in your area.

So then I ask for the full report of vehicles compared to mine in the local area. Turns out that there was only one vehicle. The insurance company uses another company called CCC to get the info for them. A little research Twisted Evil revealed that CCC is involved in a class action lawsuit for undervalueing vehicles. Evil or Very Mad

Finally after over a month, Suspect I got the insurance company to meet in the middle. It was not enough money to hire a lawyer for. They sure didnt have a problem cashing my checks but when it was time to send me a check it was a nightmare.

I had been with USAgencies for 13yrs. I had never shopped rates. Now I'm with State Farm and saving about 175 / month !!!!

AND

They use NADA when they total vehicles. No Directive 18.

A word to the wise.

Shop your rates, use major companies, and find out how they pay out on TOTALS specifically.

In todays economy you dont need any surprises. Suspect

Welcome to the Madness,

Muntz King
Muntz
Muntz
Uber User
Uber User

Number of posts : 1907
Registration date : 2007-12-17

Back to top Go down

Truck Totalled & Louisiana Directive 18 Empty Re: Truck Totalled & Louisiana Directive 18

Post  smokey2255 Sun Apr 12, 2009 10:31 am

Good info Mark, glad to hear you got em to meet. I know you have had this weighing on you for a while. Now go ride !!!!!! Tell the boss lady I said so Very Happy she cant reach me ...... Laughing Evil or Very Mad Suspect

See you out there
Smokey
smokey2255
smokey2255
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2451
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down