Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ULTRA CLASSIC REAR TIRE CONVERSION?????

4 posters

Go down

ULTRA CLASSIC REAR TIRE CONVERSION????? Empty ULTRA CLASSIC REAR TIRE CONVERSION?????

Post  Photodrummer Sun Feb 22, 2009 12:15 pm

I have been trying to find the correct size in a car tire that matches the D402 NW MU85B16 77H
rear tire used on the HD Ultra Classic. I am picking up my new 08 with an ultra sidecar and would just LOVE to not have to put a new tire on every 1500 miles, or so. I am new to this site, so forgive me if I have posted in the wrong area.

Has anyone tried this on an Ultra? I used to have a GW1500 with a sidecar and a Valkyrie, and had loads of info for those two bikes, but none for this one. I also own an 04 Ultra that I used to travel the edge of the United States. 86 days of travel got me around the entire edge. I covered 16,152 miles and 33 States. I wish I could have put a car tire on before I left. www.perimeterrun.info is the web site.

I hope someone can help me witht he info. Great website, and thanks

Mark (Photodrummer)

Photodrummer

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2009-02-17

Back to top Go down

ULTRA CLASSIC REAR TIRE CONVERSION????? Empty Re: ULTRA CLASSIC REAR TIRE CONVERSION?????

Post  Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005 Sun Feb 22, 2009 1:59 pm

Don't know this to be " Fact " but I've heard you can't go DarkSide on a Harley because the belt is in the way.
Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005
Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1642
Registration date : 2007-12-17

Back to top Go down

ULTRA CLASSIC REAR TIRE CONVERSION????? Empty Re: ULTRA CLASSIC REAR TIRE CONVERSION?????

Post  nodakbassmaster Sun Feb 22, 2009 2:00 pm

what is the rear tire size on the bike and we can see if we can find something that fits.. the HD's seem to have a lot less forgiveness for changing tire widths than a lot of other makes...

welcome!
nodakbassmaster
nodakbassmaster
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1604
Registration date : 2007-12-15

Back to top Go down

Post  gstanfield Sun Feb 22, 2009 7:35 pm

You're not going to find a 16" tire that narrow. I have had great results with Continental Milestone motorcycle tires and would not hesitate to run them on any cruiser. I was getting about double the milage from them as I did on the dunlops.

George
gstanfield
gstanfield
Super User
Super User

Number of posts : 583
Registration date : 2007-12-15

Back to top Go down

ULTRA CLASSIC REAR TIRE CONVERSION????? Empty ULTRA CLASSIC REAR TIRE CONVERSION

Post  Photodrummer Sun Feb 22, 2009 10:23 pm

ThanD402 NW MU85B16 77Hks for the many comments. I appr. eciate the timely replies very much. I will research the tire possibilities. the tire size is listed as D402 NW MU85B16 77H. I have NO idea what that size gibberish means, but hopefully someone somewhere understands this stuff.

Thanks again,

Mark

Photodrummer

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2009-02-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down